Google is not your friend

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Google is not your friend

Postby Capital H on August 11th, 2009, 6:18 pm

Well this is nothing to do with BFS so much as the conclusions that can be drawn from googling.

The other day I walked 8 miles along an old railway track, wearing a new pair of sandals.

Well at the end of the track I developed blisters and by the time I walked all the way back they had become bleeding open sores, contaminated with all manner of ooze I was forced to walk through. (the path had got churned up following recent rains)

Well belatedly I contemplated whether to get my tetanus shot renewed, and having googled the dire consequences of tetanus I phoned up the Dr, and went down for the jab.

Well as it happens the last time I had such a jab over ten years ago I had a bad reaction, but the conclusion of medical advice was that I was overdue for a jab and considering what I had walked through it would be advisable.

However after having the jab I then went back and googled all the dire consequences of possible reactions to it, and to read that it was as if no-one ever has the jab but goes down with excrutiating pain which can last for years or succumbs to the very thing the jab is designed to prevent.

Well for the record I did experience some pain in my arm after the jab, which has subsided and either I am more accustomed to pain these days, or it was a lot less than I experienced before.

However if I wake up stiff as a board in the morning, I shall not be surprised, because I always do. If I were over suspicious I could always blame all of my problems over the last ten years on a bad reaction to my last tetanus jab, but that would just be an opportunity correlation as I could just as well blame it on any significant incident in that time.

No I am getting suspicious that what I really have is rheumatoid arthritis, because the stiffness is remarkably similar to that and hey if my neck gets stiff too, it's gotta be meningitis of course, never anything simple or not life threatening :)

If you here nothing from me over the next fortnight then the horrible conclusion will have to be that either I have died of tetanus or worse or that I am enjoying myself on holiday well away from the tentacles of google and medical boards. I think the latter is more probable, but then I could always drown in a lake or fall of a mountain couldn't I, anything but the most likely outcome.
Capital H
Saint
Saint

Re: Google is not your friend

Postby highpriority4 on August 11th, 2009, 7:39 pm

Okay H...that was just INCREDIBLY, AMAZINGLY, OVERWHELMINGLY....AWESOME!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY FANFRKINTASTICLY....MARVELOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post. :D

*hugs*

~*~Amy~*~
Aint no, rhyme or reason, no complicated meanin'
Aint no, need to overthink it, let go laughin'
Life dont go, quite like we planned it, we try so hard to understand it
Irrefutable, indisputable, absoluteable, totally beautiful fact is, Psssh
It happens...
highpriority4
Saint
Saint

Postby tonny on August 27th, 2009, 3:44 pm

Since we have not herd from you the last 14 days, we are now suspecting you might had menigitis or something else fast deadly decease. I have googled your name, but have found any articles about anyone dying.
tonny
Interested
Interested

Postby Capital H on August 29th, 2009, 5:18 am

tonny wrote:Since we have not herd from you the last 14 days, we are now suspecting you might had menigitis or something else fast deadly decease. I have googled your name, but have found any articles about anyone dying.

I have been away on holiday in Wales camping I am now stiffer than ever on my return, (which is not surprising considering the weather) amongst the things that happened to me was getting sucked into a bog up to my knees, it takes some effort to pull your legs out, otherwise I would still be there waiting to be discovered in a thousand years or so.
Capital H
Saint
Saint

Postby fox2run on September 3rd, 2009, 6:49 am

tonny wrote:Since we have not herd from you the last 14 days, we are now suspecting you might had menigitis or something else fast deadly decease. I have googled your name, but have found any articles about anyone dying.

Yes, they all died. Imgaine that. Thousands of BFS'ers. Only a few survivors come back here once in a while and give their last grasp before the end. Silence and darkness took them all out.... :shock:
fox2run
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)