Hyprchondrical Compulsions

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby Nole on October 18th, 2002, 11:26 am

Hello All,

First off I want to thank everyone for helping me through this difficult time of twitching. It helps to know you are not alone. But, I have come to the realization that obsessing over this BENIGN condition is ridiculous. I will no longer be coming to this site or will do any more reasearch on this BENIGN conditon. I am not going to die from this and I am not going to let it run my life. I am accepting the fact that I twitch, so what!! I have too much to look forward in life than to obsess over something so minor. As I was browsing the internet I came across something called Hyochondrical compulsions. I belive many of us have this and are fixated on the negative aspects of these twitches and are letting our symptoms run our lives. This leads to cyberchondria, where all you do is research every symptoms on the net (we've all done that!), but still believe the worst in coming. This is very unhealthy for all of us and the pattern constantly repeats itself leading to more symptoms and more doctors visits and more of not living your life. I am tired of it, and I am going to stop the cycle today. This site has helped alot but now I must move on. I wish you all the best. I wish you all feel better and find happiness and peace in confronting your health anxieties and twitches. I am going to live my life and enjoy my days. I am going to enjoy my husband, animals, family, and work. I am going to go for massages, exercise, and good food. I am going to focus on getting my mind healthy again. But most of all I am going to enjoy every minute of this wonderful world. We only get one chance here, please remember:You are what you think, so think positive and ENJOY!!!
All my best to you all.
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

YES NOLE... THAT'S IT!

Postby Airmade on October 18th, 2002, 5:11 pm

8)

I think you found THE answer to all our questions and concerns.

I follow you Nole,... back to life again! :mrgreen:

Enjoy your life, do what you love, help who really suffers and ALWAYS think positive!

Goodbye everybody! :P

CIAO AMICI!
Airmade

Postby Nigel555 on October 23rd, 2002, 6:51 am

hey I take my hat off to u both and wish you my very best wishes, but speaking for myself I'm just a born worrier and a number of Doctors have told me so. So to try to stop worrying about my health its easier said and done, you may say ok this is it now but in a few weeks or months when you notice something not right BANG it all flairs up again, and its not something you can just tuck away and forget about I find, its in your head and if your like me with health problems anyway such as Diabetic, overwiegh, depression, Anxiety, stress, and to top it all this last year aching muscles with twitching and body jerks it does sure worry u at times, but as I say if you can do it I sure take my hat off you and say I wish I could follow

Best Wishes Nigel
cheers Nigel
Nigel555

Postby Arron on October 23rd, 2002, 9:59 am

I have to say that I second Nigel555's post and that is me as well... to a T. I envy you two, Airmade and Nole. My best wishes to you two! You have figured out how to beat this benign stuff, I wish people like Nigel555 and myself could do the same but for people like us, it just isn't that easy. So long guy's! I hope you'll drop in sometime to say hello to us. I'm sure we'll still be here helping each other :-)
Arron

Postby kEG on October 27th, 2002, 4:33 pm

Good for you!

I rarely come back to this site myself! I am almost completly twitch free. This OCD regarding my health is for the birds! I am on to bigger and better things! I will not let it run my life anymore!

Hope the rest of you guys feel better soon, and I truely hope you can work out a way to stop your health obsessing too!

Much Love!

Keg
kEG
Interested
Interested

Postby Nole on October 27th, 2002, 6:37 pm

Thanks for the support everyone. I am almost completly free of twitches myself. The other day I had absolutly no twitches at all. I am overcoming this and it feels great, everyone has good and bad days but I have been having many GREAT days! I rarley check the site myself, I find it puts me back to the obsession part of the BFS that is worse than the twitching for me. I am a strong believer in mind over matter now, yes we all twitch but DO NOT OBSESS over it if you have a clean bill of health. Live your life, get help if you need to. Believe me it is great to feel like my old self again. All my support goes out to each of you, keep fighting and dont think about the twitchng that is the best remedy of all.
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management