Sad hello from Kit

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Sad hello from Kit

Postby kit on March 2nd, 2009, 2:49 pm

Not many of you may know me but you may have read old posts. I would recommend going back and reading the post about my Dad and his phenomenal attitude about the prostate cancer he was diagnosed with. It changed my whole view of everything. I lost my Dad last week. It was not the cancer that took him but a sudden heart attack. Although he was in the hospital at my urging following a mild attack, he had the fatal heart attack about 36 hours later. What I can say is God was kind. My dad was a big, strong, lion of a man who touched so many people with his gentle nature. God could have had him waste away, or become an invalid but my Dad died on his feet. He was never a victim or a burden nor did he allow himself to be defined by an illness. I and many others were blessed to have had him in our lives. There isnever a good time to lose someone. I was and still am Daddys girl and I am devastated. To add to that my husband had just deployed. I will be forever grateful to my husband's commanders who allowed him to travel home. Father-in-law is not really covered under bereavement leave, but they knew how much my Dad meant to my husband and they knew that I needed my husband to hold me up while I was holding up my Mom and my daughters. My heart is broken and there will forever be a whole in what is left. I know that in time although the pain will still be ever-present it will dull some. My message to all of you, those I know, and those I don't.... I will remind you what my dad told me when I asked him how he felt about being diagnosed with cancer. He told me, I know what I have, and I know that one day I will die but not today. I will not lose sleep over something that I can not control and I will not waste my life worrying. I ask all of you....please, I know that this condition is confusing and frustrating and upsetting. Do not make it more than it is. Do not become a victim or allow yourself to be defined by this. We are given so much time on this earth and when we are destined to leave, is not in our control. Live your life, love well and don't waste the precious gifts you have been given.

I wish you all to be well.
Smooches,
Kit
"Life is not always what one wants it to be, but to make the best of it, as it is, is the only way of being happy"
kit
Saint
Saint

Re: Sad hello from Kit

Postby sueboy on March 2nd, 2009, 3:28 pm

KIt,
I am so sorry to hear about your dad. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Sue
sueboy
Hero
Hero

Postby garym on March 2nd, 2009, 3:49 pm

Kit,

So sorry to hear about your father. I lost my dad to a sudden, unexpected heart attack 11 years ago....it was obviously heart breaking and tragic for my entire family as I'm sure is the case for you and yours. But just like you, I was able to take comfort in the fact that my father never suffered or deteriorated, or lost his spirit.....that would have truly been heartbreaking to see.

Please take time to take care of yourself and keep your head up....time will never make the loss of your father any better, but it does make it easier.

I feel your pain and pray for you and your family.

Take care,

Gary
garym

Postby DoubleD on March 2nd, 2009, 3:50 pm

Hey Kit,

I will pray that God blesses your family and comforts all of you.

DD
" By this all men will know that you are my diciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
Cramps, tingling, buzzing, and a host of other weird things
Until you own your BFS, you will never disown als
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Postby ed73 on March 2nd, 2009, 5:59 pm

Kit,

My prayers for you and your family. Your advise, full of wisdom, got to my soul.

Keep Strong,

Eduardo
PROUD AMBASSADOR OF THE BFS COMMUNITY IN COLOMBIA
TWITCH PRO SINCE JUL-08
ed73
Hero
Hero

Postby WitchyTwitchy on March 2nd, 2009, 7:49 pm

Lean on your friends for strength, and always remember how much you are cared about. I am here if you need to talk- just PM me.

God Bless,

Vanessa
WitchyTwitchy
Saint
Saint

Postby Angst1986 on March 3rd, 2009, 1:37 am

Hey Kit,

sorry to hear about this. I wish you all possible strength and positive energy.

God bless you and your family.
"Fear is only in our mind,
but it's taking over all the time."

- Evanescense, Sweet Sacrifice
Angst1986
Hero
Hero

Postby SuziQ on March 3rd, 2009, 2:07 pm

(((( Kit)))) my dear friend. I am SO sorry to hear of your loss. I remember very well when your father was first diagnosed. What a brave and strong spirit he had! It doesn't surprise me, as the tree never grows far from the apple.

You have been SUCH a hero on this forum, to those of us who have the pleasure of knowing you, and, I'm certain, to those who haven't. Your father's amazing legacy has not gone unnoticed here.

Our collective prayers, hearts, strength, and arms reach out to you, during this most difficult time.

Blessings and love,
Sue
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby raindog on March 4th, 2009, 6:29 pm

My heart goes out to you Kit...your dad sounded just like mine . Sometimes i wonder if his Stage 4 lung cancer diagnosis and his remaining 4 months and the fact that i was the eldest son who took him to all his appointments had anything to do with this crazy BFS stuff i have going on now. The cancer took at least 12 years from my dad in terms of average life span, so i told him i would live them for him.

Your last paragraph make so much sense i would be honoured to use it as a signature as it is spot on.

I know that this condition is confusing and frustrating and upsetting. Do not make it more than it is. Do not become a victim or allow yourself to be defined by this. We are given so much time on this earth and when we are destined to leave, is not in our control. Live your life, love well and don't waste the precious gifts you have been given.

God bless
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby AndyTwitchalot on March 5th, 2009, 10:06 am

Kit-- I am so sorry to hear this. You have been a blessing to me personally and so many people on these boards. You and your father will be reunited again someday.
Take care,
Andy
AndyTwitchalot
Hero
Hero

Postby Chris swl on April 3rd, 2009, 4:08 am

Hi Kit
Sorry to hear your sad news. You are a strong good person and my thoughts are with you.

your old friend Chris
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby StacyH on April 3rd, 2009, 2:40 pm

Kit,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and the pain you have been going through. You have been there for so many of us during difficult times and I hope that we can be there for you! Your dad's comment to you about his diagnosis is what life is all about. We are all living until we are not and we need to soak up the joy in each day as the good Lord does not promise tomorrow. We spend so much time worrying about the what ifs in life that we forget to enjoy the now! I pray that you find comfort and peace in all the wonderful memories that you have of your dad. Thank you also for letting us in and allowing us to be there for you. Please take good care of yourself and your family.

God Bless,

Stacy
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us - Emerson
StacyH
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)