Charley Horses

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Charley Horses

Postby AWZEM on March 6th, 2004, 2:37 pm

I have been twitching for 16 months and have been on this board since it all started. It really has been a great source of comfort for me. I was wondering if you all find charley horses a big part of your discomfort. I get them rather severly in my calves and most recently in my stomach muscles. Any ideas on how to treat them or keep them from happening?
AWZEM

Postby Pole on March 7th, 2004, 6:27 am

Hi
I don't have it but you can read that many people here have. I think it sometimes is a part of BFS. Mg could help.

regards
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Charley Horses

Postby oldemast on March 28th, 2004, 12:38 am

I have had an increase in charley horse episodes since I suspected BFS. There have been a couple of intense times in my calves, more than I had experienced previously. When I was at the Mayo Clinic to be evaluated, the possibility of Cramp Fasiculation Syndrome. The charley horses scared me but I was reassured when consulting with my Mayo neurologist. I think they fall in the broad range of "normal" for BFS and maybe CFS. Take care and try to relax.

Dave
oldemast

Postby Arron on March 29th, 2004, 1:31 am

a low potassium level will cause charlie horse-like cramps as well, but CAUTION, too much potassium can cause serious heart trouble or failure, so if you are going to take a potassium suppliment to see if it helps any, don't take more than the daily seggested allowances.
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management