Fasciculation casued by a CT scan!

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Fasciculation casued by a CT scan!

Postby sammy on January 30th, 2004, 10:02 am

I had a brain CT scan about 7 months after suffering a headache that lasted for 6 weeks. I was very anxious on the day of the procedure and developed a general twitching all over my body the same date I had the procedure done and since then I had them more a less ever day. I am very health man with no previous history at all of any illness and the headache I suffered was just a tension headache and for reassurances the Dr sent me for the CT scan.
I got really concerned about this and seen 3 neurologist who reassured me its begnin condition and the last one diagnosed it as BFS.
I am glad I came a cross your site since I seem to share many of the symptoms expressed.
Does anyone know/came across of a connection between the CT scan and muscle fasciculation? The nero I seen seem to have the opinions that the radiation from the CT scan should not cause such damage!
If any one have any idea about a natural product to reduce the symptoms will really appreciated.
Sammy
sammy

Postby John_JR on January 30th, 2004, 3:23 pm

Sammy, welcome to the board.

Personally I would agree with your doctors that there shouldn't be any connection between CT's and BFS. However, I would suspect a connection between your headache and BFS. I've seen several posts here that many people got "sick" prior to the BFS setting in. In these cases one would assume some type of CNS infection (my theory). You'll find many theories on this board on what might be causing BFS, including theories on reducing symptoms, but no real one-size-fits-all answer (yet). There is a wealth of info on this board so I'd suggest also digging through the archives to find individuals who's symptoms more closely match yours, then see what they are doing about it. Just don't give up looking for the answer.
John R.
John_JR

Postby Dale on January 30th, 2004, 4:22 pm

Sam - I'm no Doctor, but I've never heard of a CT scan causing twitching. It may have been the stress you were under with the headache that lasted 7+ months and all the associated worrying ... or perhaps you ate too much peanut butter as a kid! There are lots of theories surrounding BFS.

Some people take calcium/magnesium supplements, others take B-12, others reduce their coffee consumption, others stay away from artifical sweetners, others exercise, others avoid exercise - the list is long. Everyone is different.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time browsing through the archives. You mentioned that you've never had any health issues. You've been to several Neuro's and have been diagnosed with BFS. Wipe your hands of it and get back to living. Don't waste your time looking for the answer. Hey, when it's your turn to check-out, is that what you want to be remembered for?

Dale
Dale
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Fasciculation casued by a CT scan!

Postby eric on January 30th, 2004, 6:39 pm

sammy wrote:I had a brain CT scan about 7 months after suffering a headache that lasted for 6 weeks. I was very anxious on the day of the procedure and developed a general twitching all over my body the same date I had the procedure done and since then I had them more a less ever day. I am very health man with no previous history at all of any illness and the headache I suffered was just a tension headache and for reassurances the Dr sent me for the CT scan.
I got really concerned about this and seen 3 neurologist who reassured me its begnin condition and the last one diagnosed it as BFS.
I am glad I came a cross your site since I seem to share many of the symptoms expressed.
Does anyone know/came across of a connection between the CT scan and muscle fasciculation? The nero I seen seem to have the opinions that the radiation from the CT scan should not cause such damage!
If any one have any idea about a natural product to reduce the symptoms will really appreciated.
Sammy

are you very stressed since this happened? any bad things happen too trigger this?
eric
Hero
Hero

Postby garym on January 31st, 2004, 10:36 am

Sammy,

I agree with Dale on this one. If you've seen three neuro's and they all said benign, and you have no other symptoms, leave this worry behind my friend.

To many of us here, myself included, have wasted valuable time with friends and families over this crap! Don't get caught in that cycle.

Good luck,
Gary
garym

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management