Life Insurance Question

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Life Insurance Question

Postby cdc on May 22nd, 2008, 7:47 pm

Has anybody applied and received any life insurance with BFS? I applied for additonal life insurance in January (birth of our first child). They have yet to give me a decision. They have called a couple of times asking for updated info etc. I guess when receiving my records and seeing that I was given an MRI and EMG it has caused some concern.

There is a question on one of the forms about being treated for any illnesses, etc. Anyway, during a visit with my Neurologist I mentioned this to him and he said you haven't been treated for anything.

So has anyone had any experiences obtaining (or not) life insurance while bfs? If you were awarded it, were you given a competitive rate?

Thanks,

CDC
cdc
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Life Insurance Question

Postby cdc on June 25th, 2008, 3:52 pm

For those interested, I was able to secure a life insurance policy even with all the trips to the Neuro, exams, tests and everything else in my records. I actually submitted two different requests. Of course I'm looking for the best possible rate. Anyway, the first company decided to suspend my appliation (after a few months of review) until I went to the Mayo Clinic. (my neurologist referred me there only because the thought that's what I needed to mentally move on). Needless to say I never went to Mayo. The second company approved my application with "preferred status" in about 1 month.

Just as a FYI I increased my insurance becuase my wife and I welcomed our first child this past January.

So, if my Neurologist, GP, fellow BFS'ers and my life insurance company says I'm healthy......I gotta be, right?

CDC
cdc
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby edado69 on August 15th, 2008, 9:36 am

cdc wrote:For those interested, I was able to secure a life insurance policy even with all the trips to the Neuro, exams, tests and everything else in my records. I actually submitted two different requests. Of course I'm looking for the best possible rate. Anyway, the first company decided to suspend my appliation (after a few months of review) until I went to the Mayo Clinic. (my neurologist referred me there only because the thought that's what I needed to mentally move on). Needless to say I never went to Mayo. The second company approved my application with "preferred status" in about 1 month.

Just as a FYI I increased my insurance becuase my wife and I welcomed our first child this past January.

So, if my Neurologist, GP, fellow BFS'ers and my life insurance company says I'm healthy......I gotta be, right?

CDC

Guy, if insurance says you're ok, gotta be ok!!!!!!!
Fasciculating from the 25/03/2007 (as accurately as I can recall!...)
edado69
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)