Please......anybody knows shaking while bend over.......

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Please......anybody knows shaking while bend over.......

Postby Florian on January 20th, 2004, 2:37 pm

Did anybody know this symptom....i never had it and it scares me.....

I have shaking in the body (most in the back) when i bend over to pick something up or stretch my backmuscles.

Thanks for responses

F.
Florian

Postby garym on January 20th, 2004, 4:33 pm

Florian,

I wouldn't let that worry you too much. My neuro told me that he wasn't concerned about muscles shaking when in use. I had the same thing in my right thigh about 4 mths. ago. it would shake when i put my weight on it. Neuro wasn't concerned at all.

Good luck,
Gary
garym

Postby Florian on January 22nd, 2004, 6:29 am

Thanks for response Garym. I try to relax about it :?

Its not realy a shaking, it is more like this: if i bend down, maybe to stretch my backmuscle, i go down in some "steps", as if my backmuscles will "go on and out...on and out" and not in one single motion.

Nobody know this?

Sorry all if i sounds like a cazy man.

Regards

Florian
Florian

Postby erika on January 28th, 2004, 4:55 pm

Florian, I get this all the time in my stomach muscles. I notice it when I am in bed and I sit up to pull the covers over me. On the way down, I don't lay down smoothly, I lay down in stuttered increments, and my muscles are shaking the whole time.

I asked my neuro about it and he said it means nothing. Weakness would be if you couldn't sit up from a laying down position.

And I've noticed it in my boyfriend too.
erika

Postby Florian on February 3rd, 2004, 8:21 am

Hey Erica, thanks a lot for your response. Had a hard week and iam glad for your kind words.......

Its so weird to feel a little bit shaky if i exert or flex my muscles, had it never before and hope it can be only bfs-stuff.

Wish a good time for you and your boyfriend

greetings from Berlin

Florian
Florian

Thanks

Postby mbillips on February 26th, 2004, 5:12 pm

I got scared yesterday when my left leg started shaking as I was holding down the clutch pedal in traffic.

Nice to know it's not necessarily weakness.
mbillips
Interested
Interested

Postby Arron on March 4th, 2004, 3:55 pm

Oh man, I get that shaky stuff all of the time. If I flex a muscle and move it at the same time, it moves in jerky incriments, as if it is "ratcheting" in movement. I've had that since my BFS started and it has been the same (no progression) ever since.

I also get random shaking, especially after exertion. If I am bleeding a set of brakes in my shop, when I push and hold down the brake pedal, my leg will start shaking. I also get a violent shake exactly like ERIKA explained that she experiences. When I try to get-up from a lying-down position and as I get-up, my stomach muscles will shake like crazy. Like if you do a half of a sit-up and hold it in one place, my stomach muscles make my whole body shake, BUT, I can power right through it and have no troubles getting-up.

As GaryM said, his neuro wasn't the least bit worried or concerned about it. It's just one of the strange symptoms of BFS and as far as I have seen, it is benign and is no big deal... althoug scary sometimes, because it's not "normal" for some of us, especially when we never had anything like that ever happen before we got BFS.
Arron

Postby Arron on March 4th, 2004, 4:00 pm

I just wanted to say as well, that this is a really good thread. It touches upon other symptoms than twitching that seem to be quite common with BFS'ers, such as the shakiness, incrimental / jerky movements and so on.

It is shared information, like what GaryM shared from his neuro saying that he wasn't the least bit concerned about it, that really help, and that's what this site is all about.

I just wanted to say, "good job" to everyone and please don't let this stuff "get" to you. Even though it is really strange at times and it "can" be scary, it IS benign and many of us have had it for years, with no serious symptoms or disabilities other than the nusance of BFS itself.
Arron

Postby Florian on March 10th, 2004, 2:41 pm

Arron wrote:Oh man, I get that shaky stuff all of the time. If I flex a muscle and move it at the same time, it moves in jerky incriments, as if it is "ratcheting" in movement. I've had that since my BFS started and it has been the same (no progression) ever since.

Hi Aaron,

thnx a lot for your "come-back" and also for your comment.
What realy is weird, that i have this jerky incriment-moves when i relax an befor exertet muscle.

Maybe i lift my shoulders and than, when i let them go down i will have these unsmooth feeling or i bend over to pick something up, for that i have to relax my backmuscles and then.....the same "ratchering".
It would be interesting for me, what you think about that or if have the same sometimes.

Take care

Florian
Florian

Postby Arron on March 10th, 2004, 8:20 pm

yeah, I sometimes get that same thing. In fact, it's most of the time. I show my wife all of the time and she always just blows it off and says "so.... what?" Gotta love that compassion she has for me :lol:
Arron

Yes, I have it.

Postby content on March 11th, 2004, 3:16 pm

I get it every so often. Usually when in a standing position and bent not quite half way over...like when I'm brushing my teeth or something. I've had that same sensation in both of my legs too, to the point of I felt like I couldn't stand. Initally I thought it was weakness...pretty scary...but the worse case was about a year ago and I haven't really noticed any permanent weakness.
content

Postby Florian on March 12th, 2004, 12:54 pm

You must have a wonderful wife Aaron........ :) Thnx again for your response!

Hi Content, yes its pretty scary.....lets hope that it go away in the future.

So long we have to enjoy life, right? Its sooooo precius!!

Wish you the best my friends......
Florian

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management