I'm new and nervous-please respond:)

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby tntwitcher on June 17th, 2008, 10:06 am

Hello everybody. I am a new member, but have been reading the posts on this forum since Nov. 07 when I first began all the twitching. I am an active, athletic 47-year-old mom. I first noticed the calf twitching after a pretty strenuous workout. Just like everybody else I googled muscle twitches and you all know the rest. I have a history of health anxiety, so needless to say I am very wired and worried. I went to a neurologist and she tested all my strength and said everything was fine and try to relax. That is so hard for me to do. The twitches left for a period of time and I was feeling much better, but a stressful situation came along, and my twitches and crampy feelings seemed to come with it. My oldest daughter is going through some health issues of her own with some type of autoimmune disorder that she has been suffering from for the last 3 years. I have been very stressed out about that and totally consumed with getting her to the right doctors and getting her better. Maybe all this stress has built up in my system and manifested itself with the twitches.

I thank God for this forum and you wonderful people who share your stories. You all really do help calm me down. My twitches have been all over my body at one time or another. Sometimes they are visible and felt very easily, but some are very slight, that I cannot see. Is this normal? I guess they do feel like a buzzing that so many of you speak of. I'm afraid the smaller ones may be more "sinister". I would greatly appreciate some reassurance and feedback. Thanks to all of you for helping me keep my sanity!

Kristi
tntwitcher

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS