BFS

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

BFS

Postby Brian_B on October 11th, 2002, 9:10 pm

Hi, I have not offically been diagnosed with BFS but I have had all the more serious things ruled out, ALS and MS. Its been about a year now since I first noticed the twitching and about 6 months since I went to a neurologist. I am a 26 yr old male. He put me on Clonazapam and Neurontin both at bedtime. Usually they seem to work but once in a while I will notice something will twitch all night to the point I cant hardly sleep. I also was recently prescribed xannax by my regular doctor for anxiety. I am a police officer and I have been lucky that I have never really had any twitching in my right arm that might affect my being able to work, on the few times muscles have twitched in my right arm was on days that I didnt work. Usually its almost always on my left side, be it my leg, arm, sometimes face or buttocks, but sometimes on my right side. Anyway that is pretty much my story so far.
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SusanSid on October 11th, 2002, 10:19 pm

Brian,
Welcome to the webiste. You'll find a lot of support here. Lots of good people. You sound like the majority of us. Does the klonopin (clonazapam) help? I've heard good things about it. I know it's used for restless leg syndrome at night and for anxiety. My mother-in-law takes it for that and swears by it. I've always wondered about it for BFS.
Keep coming back.
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Brian_B on October 12th, 2002, 8:18 pm

well I'm not really sure if the klonopin helps or if just taking it along with the neurontin and xannax just make me so tired at night that I dont notice any twitching. I do think neurontin helps the most though, because when I was just taking klonopin it seemed that I still twitched a lot as opposed to taking both medicines seems to help a lot more.
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management