P.S.A.: If you are just joining, here are some helpful tips

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

P.S.A.: If you are just joining, here are some helpful tips

Postby SuziQ on October 16th, 2007, 1:23 pm

Greetings, everyone!
I hope this doesn't offend anybody, but I often visit the forum and notice that newcomers will inquire about the commonality of symptoms which are exceedingly characteristic, and are even listed under "bfs in a nutshell." I do believe this is why "bfs in a nutshell" is at the top of every topic list here, because if it isn't required reading for every sufferer, it really ought to be. It was like my bible when I first came here. But, it doesn't do much good if people don't read it, and read it often until the information sinks in.

Furthermore, the search feature seems to be terribly under-utilized.

If you have a question, ANY question about buzzing, jerking of toes or fingers, myoclonic jerks, thumpers, hot-spots, perceived weakness, tongue twitches, etc, I would suggest you try the search feature.

Not because you aren't welcome to ask these questions on the forum (because of course, you certainly are,) but because if you search the posting history, you will quickly find that you are SO not alone in your suffering; that in fact, there are HUNDREDS of other posts about the exact same topic. And, you won't have to wait for someone to respond to you, you will have an immediate answer to "does anyone else ever get this?" Much sooner than if you post first and wait for an answer. I swear, it really helps.

It's like having a multi-purpose tool in your pocket, but only using the bottle-opener attachment. This board has a great deal of history that can be comforting and helpful, us peeps just need to learn to use the pocket knife, the scissors, the pliers and the screwdriver, not just the cork-screw. Just my two cents.

Blessings,
Sue
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on October 16th, 2007, 9:25 pm

Great post, SuziQ. You rock. :D

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on October 16th, 2007, 9:41 pm

SuziQ,

Thanks for taking the time to pass on this insight/information to those just joining us.

Take care,

Gary
garym

Re: P.S.A.: If you are just joining, here are some helpful tips

Postby annebazemore on March 28th, 2008, 11:38 am

Yeah, I have the twitching in every major muscle and yes the tongue and now even my scalp. BFS in a Nutshelll should be a required read for anyone who joins this site. "Make it so"
God bless,

Anne B.
annebazemore

Postby SwedishGirl on May 9th, 2008, 8:07 am

Hi
Im new at this site and I tried to fine earlier posts about face twitching and about produced twitching without any luck :( (That make me think that maybe its not commen in bfs :( )
I understand that many people have maybe answeard the same thing many times, but its SO hard when you new with all this fear and crazy symtoms and the only thing you really want is to find out if you people that have bfs has experienced the same thing.

Thank you all that dont give up and answear even though you done it MANY times.
SwedishGirl

Postby tym2chill on November 9th, 2010, 9:04 am

Suzi Q
i thought you were saying i need to get my psa done soon LOL -still just wondering if you are still around- kinda miss ya
best regards
David
Live by the knights code:
Truth
Honor
Justice
Valor
ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL
tym2chill
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby aussie sufferer on November 14th, 2010, 7:02 am

I too was thinking, oh no, dont tell me my prostate has something to do with my BFS, the last thing I need to hear :wink:
yeh good tip- lots of stuff can be found on a search, not that we mind chatting, a search might just speed up the answer!
cheers
Rodger
PS Suzi Q...luv the name!
aussie sufferer
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics