Steroids?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Steroids?

Postby Jenn311 on December 16th, 2003, 6:41 am

Howdy all...

Yesterday I went in to my ENT because I have (another) nasty sinus infection. :cry: . Since I am pregnant he didn't want to give me my usual regime of Prednisone, but gave me a steroid shot instead. The great thing is that I have been experiencing a total reprieve of BFS symptoms since this happened. This makes me think that maybe there is something to the whole nerve inflammation theory, as steriods act as anti-inflammatories. Has anyone else experienced this as well? Just curious.

Feeling better,
Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby uber on December 16th, 2003, 7:35 am

steroids as you know Jen are often used to treat autoimmune conditions, perhaps this will shed a little light on what you may or may not have...dont steroids usually respond well to people that have MS??
uber
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Diann on December 16th, 2003, 3:25 pm

I was on oral steroid treatment for one week and my left hand that usually vibrates didn't . but the rest of me wasn't a change. The steroids were for my disk inflamation in my neck.
Diann

Postby Jenn311 on December 16th, 2003, 4:54 pm

That's funny that you mention your left hand vibrating....that's the thing I have noticed has stopped: the vibrating and twitching in that area. All over as well, but that place is pretty much all the time.

Thanks for your responses guys!

Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby John_JR on December 18th, 2003, 3:24 am

Jen,

I had the same experience with a sinitus infection 2 years ago. I think I was on oral cordizone for 5 days. But I was also on antibiotics for 10. Was the best month I've had in regards to BFS. Nerve inflamation - I agree.
John R.
John_JR

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management