Anxiety

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Anxiety

Postby Nole on September 27th, 2002, 11:54 am

I was wondering if anxiety plays a role in our twitching. It seems as though we all struggle with this at times and it makes our symptoms worse??? Just a thought???
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SoJerseyMom on October 2nd, 2002, 8:23 pm

Nole, Anxiety definitely aggravtes my symptoms! I also find that when I'm very busy I tend to notice them less.
SoJerseyMom

Postby Jen on October 9th, 2002, 7:07 pm

Both my GP and neuro have said that it is anxiety related. I have read other threads in this forum supporting that. My GP has perscribed a mild dose of an anti-anxiety med for me, and it helps. I have actually turned the anxiety-twitches around in my favor. When I start to twitch in a certain situation, I pay attention to it and then quickly take the proper steps to lower my stress level. It's like a built-in alarm system for me.
Jen

Postby Debbs on October 9th, 2002, 10:29 pm

Thats great advice Jen...I try to control my anxiety too as it seems to be the starting point for my twitches as well, think its all to do with recognising the anxiety first then trying to alleviate it, I kinda want to take control back of my situation and guess I have to start somewhere.

Deb
Debbs

Postby Jen on October 10th, 2002, 7:12 pm

Deb, I think for me that acceptance will also need to be a part of looking at the twitches as a signal to de-stress. The other night I was watching the news and the potential war with Iraq was being discussed. Immediately I began to twitch all over. I sensed right away that this news was stressing me out, but realized that there was nothing I could do about it (short of turning the TV off), and I accepted it for what it was. That actually felt good. Instead of obsessing about why I was twitching, I just accepted that the news was stressful and let it be. I still twitched, but my mind was more at ease.
Jen

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management