Public Service Announcement

Site Comments / Problems / Suggestions

Moderator: JohnV

Public Service Announcement

Postby SuziQ on October 15th, 2007, 9:02 pm

I hope this doesn't offend anybody, but I often visit the forum and notice that newcomers will inquire about the commonality of symptoms which are exceedingly characteristic, and are even listed under "bfs in a nutshell." I do believe this is why "bfs in a nutshell" is at the top of every topic list here, because if it isn't required reading for every sufferer, it really ought to be. It was like my bible when I first came here. But, it doesn't do much good if people don't read it, and read it often until the information sinks in.

Furthermore, the search feature seems to be terribly under-utilized.

If you have a question, ANY question about buzzing, jerking toes or fingers, myoclonic jerks, thumpers, hot-spots, perceived weakness, tongue twitches, etc, I would suggest you try the search feature.

Not because you aren't welcome to ask these questions on the forum (because of course, you certainly are,) but because if you search the posting history, you will quickly find that you are SO not alone in your suffering; that in fact, there are HUNDREDS of other posts about the exact same topic. And, you won't have to wait for someone to respond to you, you will have an immediate answer to "does anyone else ever get this?" Much sooner than if you post first and wait for an answer. I swear, it really helps.

It's like having a multi-purpose tool in your pocket, but only using the bottle-opener attachment. This board has a great deal of history that can be comforting and helpful, us peeps just need to learn to use the pocket knife, the scissors, the pliers and the screwdriver, not just the cork-screw. :wink: Just my two cents.

Blessings,
Sue
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby nickc on October 16th, 2007, 8:08 am

I know what you mean...

Yet, I struggle to form on opinion.

What I WANT to say is that we should have one forum for "are these symptoms BFS symptoms" and another for "advanced discussion of BFS symptoms", but the distinction is hard to make.
onset: June 2007;; top complaints: pain/cramps in feet+hands, others;; Trileptal and Cymbalta
nickc
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby nickc on October 16th, 2007, 8:09 am

A similar complaint I have is that "symptom management" is where people go to discuss symptoms a lot of the time, not the management of their symptoms.

Indeed, the forums could be reorganized. But, I still love this place.
onset: June 2007;; top complaints: pain/cramps in feet+hands, others;; Trileptal and Cymbalta
nickc
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Christina on October 17th, 2007, 11:55 am

Sue is so right! I remember when I first found this place (thank God) I printed out BFS in a nutshell. I carried it in my bag, because I was such a wreck I could not carry on in my day to day activities.,.....I remember once, after becoming freaked out at the shopping center, going into the stall at the mall restroom and reading it. Hmmmm do you think that is what Senator Craig was doing in there, never mind....

It should definately be required reading, over and over till it sinks WAY in.

Thanks Suzie for that good public service reminder today!

Christina
Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly.
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby SuziQ on October 18th, 2007, 5:03 am

Thanks Christina for being so sweet and precious. :D

Blessings,
Sue
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to AboutBFS.com Site Topics