BFS Survey

Post your questions about BFS here

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby pacovega26 on June 15th, 2007, 10:27 am

1. Age - 19
2. Gender - Male
3. Race - Hispanic
4. Length of time you have been twitching? - 7 to 10 months
5. Was there anything that appeared to trigger the twitching. (i.e. viral infection) - Me entering Med School
6. Do you have any Anxiety or OCD disorders? - Yes, very light OCD
7. Any other medical conditions that may be connected to BFS? - Asthma, wide viriety of allergies
8. Did you go through the typical ALS scare so common on this forum? - I did, along with good old MS fear
9. Body region most affected? - once the left leg, but currently its widespread
10. Most unusual area affected? - perineal portion... and face...
"Do you believe in destiny, Neo?"
"No"
"Why?"
"Because I don´t like the idea that I am not in control of my life"
pacovega26
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

survey

Postby Mommyto3 on June 21st, 2007, 1:44 pm

1. Age - 35
2. Gender - Female
3. Race - Caucasion
4. Length of time you have been twitching? - 2 months
5. Was there anything that appeared to trigger the twitching. (i.e. viral infection) - I was going through a lot of stress and also had a viral infection (ie, cough, runny nose, lots of congestion, etc) that was just starting to clear up when I first started twitching
6. Do you have any Anxiety or OCD disorders? GAD
7. Any other medical conditions that may be connected to BFS? I have hypothyroidism
8. Did you go through the typical ALS scare so common on this forum? YES!! And still do to some extent
9. Body region most affected? feet and calves
10. Most unusual area affected? lip
Feel free to add more
Kristin
Mommyto3
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby onewaylife4all on June 21st, 2007, 6:48 pm

1. Age- 20
2. Gender - Male
3. Race - Caucasion
4. Length of time you have been twitching? - 5 months
5. Was there anything that appeared to trigger the twitching. (i.e. viral infection) - I was in a panic about having Multiple Sclerosis
6. Do you have any Anxiety or OCD disorders? - I have touette's syndrome, OCD, health anxiety, ADD, and several others.
7. Any other medical conditions that may be connected to BFS? - Above, perhaps?
8. Did you go through the typical ALS scare so common on this forum? - I am still in the process of that unfortunatly...
9. Body region most affected? - Feet, mainly arches, especially on the left.
10. Most unusual area affected? - Abs, neck
onewaylife4all
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby wonderworld on June 25th, 2007, 4:48 am

1. 23
2. male
3. caucasian
4. 4 months
5. hepatitis b immunization
6. Yes, Generalized anxiety disorder plus depressions, diagnosed several times
7. Maybe Gilbert's syndrom. I had a lot of heartburn and fatigue before the twitching started. I slept like 16 h a day.
8. Yes, definately. It was hell.
9. Legs
10. Middle-ear-muscles

Sleeping makes it better, vibration (bus, car) worse, excercising can make it worse, stress is definately bad
With knowledge grows doubt
wonderworld

Postby WhichTwitch on July 7th, 2007, 11:22 am

1. Age - 39.5
2. Gender - Female
3. Race - White, non-Hispanic
4. Length of time you have been twitching? - 3.5 motnhs
5. Was there anything that appeared to trigger the twitching. (i.e. viral infection) - had weird bout of fatigue, aching, and dizziness two weeks prior
6. Do you have any Anxiety or OCD disorders? - Anxiety, yes, as it relates to hypochondria; OCD, possibly as it realtes to hypochondria
7. Any other medical conditions that may be connected to BFS? - cervical spondylosis, mild disc bulge with minor cord contact C5-C6 (doens't explain facial twitching); tilted pelvis; psoas tendonitits; lumbar disc bulge L4-L5 on left; T12 chronic compression fx.; spondylosis all over thoracic spine; rotator cuff injury; (OK, I rode and fell off of horses a lot); and silent GERD.
8. Did you go through the typical ALS scare so common on this forum? Without a doubt.
9. Body region most affected? Thighs and hands...it's a tie.
10. Most unusual area affected? Tongue, inside throat, and certain other areas :oops:
"The fruit of the spirit is love, joy and peace." Galatians 5:22
WhichTwitch

Postby loyalroyal on July 8th, 2007, 7:24 am

1. 22
2. Male
3. White
4. 2 and a half years
5. Possible prior viral infection or study trip - tired and stressed, woke up with cramp in calf.
6. I think i might have a generalized anxiety disorder as i worry excessivley about most things. Slight OCD tendancies.
7. Unsure - keep prompting doctor for further examinations etc. Strange rash symptoms on my legs
8. Yes i did but was fairly brief. I am more worried and irritated by the daily pain caused.
9. Most definitely calves in feet, especially the right. Upper body is largely unaffected apart from the odd twitch.
10. Anywhere in the lower region of my body!
loyalroyal

Postby aussiekate on July 9th, 2007, 7:49 pm

1. Age

2. Gender
Female

3. Race
Caucasian

4. Length of time you have been twitching?
6 weeks

5. Was there anything that appeared to trigger the twitching. (i.e. viral infection)
Been diagnosed with Meneire's Disease however some people suspect I've just had a reoccuring bad viral infection

6. Do you have any Anxiety or OCD disorders?
Major anxiety problem

7. Any other medical conditions that may be connected to BFS?
None other than those listed above

8. Did you go through the typical ALS scare so common on this forum?
Big time

9. Body region most affected?
It is all over, but if I had to say one I would say legs

10. Most unusual area affected?
Groin!
aussiekate

Postby PannaELimuni on August 5th, 2007, 4:51 am

1. Age

2. Gender
Male

3. Race
italian (caucasian?)

4. Length of time you have been twitching?
i remember me twitching when i was a child but i began counting them since april (google search for fascics :°)

5. Was there anything that appeared to trigger the twitching. (i.e. viral infection)
teeth surgery, lot of strees

6. Do you have any Anxiety or OCD disorders?
Anxiety, OCD, Depression

7. Any other medical conditions that may be connected to BFS?
Liver issues

8. Did you go through the typical ALS scare so common on this forum?
i'm still deep inside

9. Body region most affected?
shoulders, lower thighs

10. Most unusual area affected?
Abdomen
PannaELimuni

Postby SDJaq on August 23rd, 2007, 9:16 pm

*Please Delete*
Last edited by SDJaq on September 6th, 2008, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDJaq
Interested
Interested

Postby AndyTwitchalot on August 30th, 2007, 3:39 pm

1. Age - 25
2. Gender - M
3. Race - Caucasian
4. Length of time you have been twitching? - 10 months
5. Was there anything that appeared to trigger the twitching. Not really; it started after I went for a long and fairly vigorous walk. I had injured my neck a couple months before.
6. Do you have any Anxiety or OCD disorders? - I've had some history with anxiety and health anxiety, but it's not out of control.
7. Any other medical conditions that may be connected to BFS? -compression fracture in neck, 13 years out of cancer treatment
8. Did you go through the typical ALS scare so common on this forum? -Yeah, especially when my pinkie stopped working after playing baseball. It started working again!
9. Body region most affected? -right hand gives me the most trouble, but I've twitched friggin everywhere. The face twitches bother me the most, but they are rare
10. Most unusual area affected? - pick the most unusual area out of "every inch of my body" nowadays I twitch here and there, some days more than others, but I don't notice them as much as I used to.
AndyTwitchalot
Hero
Hero

Postby Richard on September 6th, 2007, 11:26 am

1. Age - 39

2. Gender - M

3. Race - Caucasian

4. Length of time you have been twitching? - 3 years. Been freaking me out for 6 months or so

5. Was there anything that appeared to trigger the twitching. I had a herniated disk at L5-S1. Have numbness in my let leg that never went away completely. But I have twitches in my right leg too, so I am not convienced if this is related.

6. Do you have any Anxiety or OCD disorders? - I have always been a control freak, but never diagnosed. Before BFS I kept on taking on more than I could handle. Now with BFS and back surgery I have mellowed out. Life is to short. That is except for this afflication, which has me messed up.

7. Any other medical conditions that may be connected to BFS? -My neck aches every so often, but never had an MRI on it.

8. Did you go through the typical ALS scare so common on this forum? -Interestingly, No. I went straight to 'I don't want to live with this the rest of my life (do not pass Go do not collect $100)

9. Body region most affected? Left calf

10. Most unusual area affected? - I usually get them below the waste. Sometimes I feel my arms twitch, but never caught one while I was looking :)
If you are a Christian, please say a quick prayer for me. It would mean a lot to me.
Richard
Saint
Saint

Re: BFS Survey

Postby torismom on October 3rd, 2007, 12:08 pm

1. 34
2. Female
3. Caucasian
4. 18 months
5. Difficult to say, I had so many things going on at that time. I did have a very bad respiratory virus coughing blood but no infection about 3 months prior to symptoms. I was also given klonopin for sleep due to a death in the family. Symptoms appeared as pain in left shoulder within 2 weeks of the klonopin
6. No. Although my GP insists the twitching is nothing more than anxiety
7. No
8. No
9. Entire left side of body from face to calf
10. Not unusual but it is the most persistant area.. left forearm

Symptoms began as pain in left shoulder gradually migrating down the left arm then spreading to my chest. If anything, I thought maybe I had a heart condition. Later I realized it was muscles cramping when I sat in the ER and my chest left of the breast bone released into spasms. From that point on I began twitching constantly. Progressing head to toe and eventually effecting my right side as well though not with as much intensity. I have a persistant tremor in my head and left hand as well. I have had 2 emg's, 4 mri's, 1 cat scan, tons of x-rays & blood work. I have only slightly elevated creatin and ALT & AST. My neurologist scratches his head and says he's not sure just something in my brain is not filtering all the electrical signals as it should. I was prescribed a beta blocker which has no effect.
torismom

Postby chers23 on October 4th, 2007, 3:44 pm

1. Age - 26
2. Gender - Female
3. Race - Pacific Islander (Asian)
4. Length of time you have been twitching? - over 2 years
5. Was there anything that appeared to trigger the twitching. (i.e. viral infection) - none that i know of
6. Do you have any Anxiety or OCD disorders? - a little Anxiety disorder
7. Any other medical conditions that may be connected to BFS? - none that I know of
8. Did you go through the typical ALS scare so common on this forum? Yes, I did along w/ MS scare.
9. Body region most affected? - started on my thigh and now widespread
10. Most unusual area affected? - face
chers23

Postby j7m on October 29th, 2007, 10:53 am

1. Age - 36
2. Gender - Male
3. Race - Caucasion
4. Length of time you have been twitching? - nearly 3 years
5. Was there anything that appeared to trigger the twitching. (i.e. viral infection) - experienced the muscle aches and pains in forearms and calves...thought it was a heart condition at first.
6. Do you have any Anxiety or OCD disorders? - a little Anxiety disorder
7. Any other medical conditions that may be connected to BFS? - none that I know of
8. Did you go through the typical ALS scare so common on this forum? Yes, just about anything that turned up on google scared me.
9. Body region most affected? - non-specific. Hot spots on occasion, but then they leave and show up elsewhere
10. Most unusual area affected? - groin
"Idle minds are the devil's playground"
j7m
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby dan the twitch man on November 6th, 2007, 11:31 pm

1. 23
2. Male
3. Hispanic
4. 1 Month
5. Had Pityriasis Rosea which are Skin lessions beleived to be caused by a Virus. The twitches developed a couple of weeks after the lessions had disappeared. I have also endured some stressful events this year
6. My Anxiety is underlying as I tend to repress feelings related to Anxiety. This revelation came to me when my twitches started and only got worse under stress. Had you asked me this 2 months ago I would have replied "what is Anxiety?".
7. Was Diagnosed with ADD, but doubt I ever had it. Dr prescribed me with Dexamphetamine which I beleive did more Damage than Good.
8. Yes, having read about my symptoms I initially thought I had ALS. With this in mind I made appointments with my Dr who pointed out BFS or Anxiety disorder and reffered me to my Nuero, the Nuero ruled out ALS through some basic tests. I have since consulted a naturopath who suspects possible Thyroid condition which I am still waiting for results from hair analysis and blood tests
9. The twitches are mostly localised and focused on both of my thighs and above my Knee. Lately in my Abdomen. although everynow and then they Pop up and say hello somewhere completely new only to leave in a rush and never come back.
10. Tiny twitch beneath my bottom Lip on the left hand side. Sometimes feels like a bubble.
dan the twitch man
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to Questions About BFS