anybody know what this symptom is called?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

anybody know what this symptom is called?

Postby uber on October 1st, 2003, 12:32 pm

Im not sure if its even a symptom....possibly more related to Anxiety than any neurological problem.

But its like I keep going into trance like states, its hard to explain so if I can use a couple of examples.

Example 1:

Was walking to the shop the other day, wanted to cross the road, the cars stopped to let me cross, but it took me like an extra 5 seconds or so, to actually think "the cars have stopped for you, cross the road" its like its a delayed response to something I should of just done automitcally.

Example 2:

When I got to the shop, I got the items I wanted to purchase, and the woman asked for the money, instead of having the money ready I kind of stood there in a daze thinking I should really be getting this money ready, she asked me for the money..5 second delay, then I gave her the money and went home.

These may be bad examples of what im trying to explain but Im very aware of this when it happens to me, I often describe it to my friends or family as "my brain feels like its gone to sleep and I have to keep waking it up". I have not mentioned this to my neurologist because it seems to happen so randomly.

Is they're a medical term for what this is??? any help would be appreciated
uber
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Floater on October 1st, 2003, 4:06 pm

its called having 2 much on your mind...you might have alot of preocuppied thoughts.
Floater
Saint
Saint

I get that from anti-Ds

Postby mbillips on February 26th, 2004, 5:30 pm

It was REALLY bad for the couple days I took Zoloft, yuck. I've noticed a little of it from Lexapro, which I've been taking for four days so far.
mbillips
Interested
Interested

Postby Arron on March 4th, 2004, 3:47 pm

It's called "spacing-out" :lol: We all do it from time to time.
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management