How do I do this?????

Site Comments / Problems / Suggestions

Moderator: JohnV

How do I do this?????

Postby kit on August 28th, 2007, 4:33 pm

Ok to whoever is the guru on avatars etc. I would like to put a picture but it says that it must be less than 20 whatever. So I guess my question is how do I shrink the image without losing resolution?? I can answer almost any medical question but this is outside my comfort zone :wink:
Kit
"Life is not always what one wants it to be, but to make the best of it, as it is, is the only way of being happy"
kit
Saint
Saint

Postby paulzeee on August 28th, 2007, 4:57 pm

If you have photoshop or paintshop pro save as a jpg file and reduce the compression quality, or save as a gif file if you really want it small file size, although gif files look like ass. Anyway anything over 100 x 100 is too big for an avatar.
paulzeee
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Nic on October 3rd, 2007, 5:46 pm

You can use any graphic tool to downsize a picture... Refer to the help of your software or:

Go here and choose a ready-to-use avatar:

http://avatars.jurko.net/

Nic

Postby onewaylife4all on October 18th, 2007, 11:50 pm

Kit, give me a link to the picture you want to use and I will shrink it for you. Also, the restrictions on this site are actually quiet high, so if its a real big family photo or something with allot of detail you may not want to use it. If the picture isn't online, email it to me:

[email protected]
You don't have ALS.
onewaylife4all
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to AboutBFS.com Site Topics