New member says Thank you!

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

New member says Thank you!

Postby Lunabeth on October 7th, 2002, 3:17 pm

Hi. My twitching started about 3 months ago, not long after both having a baby and reading an article about a woman with ALS. I've always suffered from health anxiety, and though I had an extremely healthly pregnancy, I had a very traumatic birth. My son was born healthy and perfect. And though I've told myself over and over that it's very unlikely I would acquire ALS right after reading a scary article about it, I'm still having a very hard time with fear. Every time I have significant twitches, I freak out and begin thinking that I won't be able to see my baby grow up. This site has been hugely helpful. Thank you. After reading several posts I was crying with gratitude. Though I'm still worried that 3 months isn't long enough to rule out something serious, I've had no muscle weakness or other symptoms. Thank you all for helping with my anxiety.
Lunabeth

Postby Arron on October 7th, 2002, 4:33 pm

Hey there Lunabeth, go to the "Questions about BFS" thread on this web site and about halfway doen the page, you will see a topic that is titled "How are BFS and ALS twitches different?". I think you'll find more ease and comfort after reading that one as well as many other's in past months. After 3 months, you would be showing "some" kind of other signs by now other than just twitching. Go play with your son and enjoy the time. I really don't think you need to be worried about twitches if you show no weakness or loss of coordination / muscle control. :lol:
Arron

Postby Twitchy Georgy on October 14th, 2002, 9:09 am

Lunabeth, Arron is right... By the symptoms you're describing I REALLY don't think you have to worry about ALS... Focus your attention on all the fun things that being a new mom brings and sooner or later, you'll start noticing your twitching less and less...
Twitchy Georgy
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group