Just a reminder

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Just a reminder

Postby Nole on September 10th, 2003, 7:21 pm

Hello my fellow BFSers,

I just wanted to shed some light on this bfs stuff and to give a positive spin on this sometime unbearable condition. Even though sometimes we feel like we cant take the symptoms any more and life seems unbearable, always remember there is light at the end of the tunnel and that you have a life to live. In the eve of the 2nd anniversary of Sept. 11th we should all be thankful that we are here today, breathing, loving, and LIVING. Many innocent people died that horrible day just going about their daily business, I am sure none of them worried that day that they could die. Be thankful that you are here on this earth today, sharing life with the people you love. Treasure every moment of it, dont dwell on the past, or the symptoms, think positive and be happy. Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles...It empties today of its strengths. May god bless you all in your road to recovery and grant you all happiness in the future.
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Pole on September 11th, 2003, 2:24 am

Amen
Pole
Hero
Hero

Amen

Postby KERRI on September 11th, 2003, 6:32 am

We should all take time to remember, and make a promise to never forget.

Kerri :cry:
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby steves on September 11th, 2003, 9:38 am

Wow, I'd never heard that saying before:

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles...It empties today of its strengths."

It's so true. I think back to the three-plus weeks that I was PANICKED about my symptoms. Worrying definitely emptied me of my strength. I've been twitching for almost two months, and I'm still struggling with worrisome thoughts from time to time. I'm not nearly as bad as I was before BFS diagnosis, but it sometimes causes me to wonder...

I also sometimes have guilty feelings, as I have a benign condition that I worry about, and there are so many other folks out there struggling with much more serious illness and disease. I really need to volunteer for something like the "Make a Wish" Foundation. I think something like that would give me a better perspective of how lucky I am...and how much support others need.

Thanks for a great post...I may print that quote and put it up in front of my computer at work.

Steve in Houston
steves

great post

Postby Renae on September 11th, 2003, 10:37 am

Great post, Nole! You are so right.

Take care and God Bless...
Renae :)
Renae

great post

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics