Joints Cracking/Shoulder Pain/Back Pain - BFS symptoms?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Joints Cracking/Shoulder Pain/Back Pain - BFS symptoms?

Postby chers23 on June 13th, 2007, 5:28 pm

Hi Everyone!

I'm a 25 y/o female...that got a major twitching problem :p I just want to say that this forum has got me through my tough days. I've been told that I'm a hypochondriac and that I'm just blowing everything out of proportions. I've had an MRI done 2 months ago and it came out negative. I had EMG done and it came out okay as well. I saw a neurologist a year ago and they didn't find any sign of weakness.

It comes and goes...but just 2 months ago, my left shoulder started to ache like crazy and cracks everytime I move it. I thought it was due to Yoga. I went to see a physiotherapist and that helped a little bit. Bu now I noticed that my wrist, jaw, back, and my knee joints cracks when they are bent/jerked or even when I get up from bed. I've been having back pains and shooting prickly pains around my arms too. Is this another BFS symptom?

I had a few blood work done and my calcium level is fine. I'm taking Magnesium, VitB12, Calcium, and Vit D right now. I also take Clonazepam when my symptoms are at its worse.

Also, I'm scheduled to see another neurologist for a 2nd look.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I can relate to all you guys' posts and it helped me a lot.

My current symptoms (had twitches for over a year):
- twtiches
- tremors
- joint problems (knee, jaw, wrists, ankles)
- burning sensations on arms and legs
- back pains
- shooting, prickly pains around the arms
- headaches
- and FEAR :D

Are these BFS symptoms?

- Chers
chers23

Postby Roger G. on June 13th, 2007, 6:06 pm

Sounds like you could have BFS.If the neuro workup was O.K. you should be allright on that front.As far as the joints,not sure. Sounds like maybe with the tingling and pain it could be Fibromagaylia It sometimes seems to go hand in hand with BFS.Otherwise I would see a good Othro to see if it might be joint/bone related.As for FEAR :shock: . you are sure to find that symptom widespread on this forum :wink:
Roger G.
Hero
Hero

Postby twitchmebaby on June 13th, 2007, 6:15 pm

my wrists, shoulders, ankles all crack with little effort. i think they always have to some degree but more noticable since this BCFS thing.
twitchmebaby
Saint
Saint

Postby zekebcfs on June 13th, 2007, 7:31 pm

Have you had your copper level tested? I saw an episode of Mystery Diagnosis where a fellow had to much copper in his liver that is partially similar to what you describe. However he had a tan for no apparent reason. Of course this was the copper in his body.

Yeah, all these are symptoms of BFS/BCFS! Get cleared by a rheumatologist and you can almost chalk it all up to BCFS!
Zekebcfs
"Keep them busy busy busy, back on the farm with the other animals." We are kept so busy with business (or busyness) that we do not understand or participate in the decisions and events that will crucially affect our future.
zekebcfs
Saint
Saint

Postby Floater on June 13th, 2007, 9:24 pm

yes totally bfs classic symptoms your find more bizzare ones as time goes along
Floater
Saint
Saint

Postby chers23 on June 14th, 2007, 12:39 pm

aww thanks guys. i'm going to see my chiro this friday maybe he can help me out w/ all these cracking and everything else.

and about the copper thing...i don't know about that. i'm pretty tanned so i don't think that'll help me determine if i've got some copper problem :) but i'm trying to live w/ it.

this forum is really helpful..i mean REALLY! thanks again!
chers23

Re: Joints Cracking/Shoulder Pain/Back Pain - BFS symptoms?

Postby UFGatorGuy20 on March 7th, 2014, 3:37 pm

Old thread... but this is me right now. Not as much joint cracking, but more joint pain has set in the last few days. The worst is my back pain and quick stjngs on my arms. Chers23... if you are around, Id like to know how you have fared the last 7 years. ;)
UFGatorGuy20

Postby Protoolsnerd on March 31st, 2014, 3:07 am

I"m actually right there with you . My latest issue has been a ton more joint cracking and now joint pain and lower back pain. I'd also be curious to hear what has happened since. This could of course just be another one of our myriad of weird symptoms.

I just got a bunch of blood work myself to make sure there is no arthritic component and no lupus . This is one of the weirdest symptoms i've had yet
Protoolsnerd
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management