sore and heavy arm.

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

sore and heavy arm.

Postby lori g on September 4th, 2003, 8:57 am

I woke up this morning and my arm was achey from my shoulder to my wrist. It feels very heavy, but i have no strength loss. I think I read somewhere that BFS can cause aches. Is this true?
Lori
lori g

Postby garym on September 4th, 2003, 10:07 am

Lori g,

I've had the exact same thing, in both of my arms. My neuro says it is part of bfs, one of the great things that go along with it. Mine is usually followed by a day full of pain. Hope not in your case. One thing that gives me some reassurance is it doesn't continuously happen, maybe once or twice a week, not everyday.

Your not alone. Hang in there.

Gary
garym

Postby Arron on September 4th, 2003, 11:02 am

Go read my story in the "experiences with BFS" topics and you'll see that I too get this from time to time. I've had it so bad, that I had to let my arm dangle between the door and seat while I drove my car because it was so "weak" and sore that I just couldn't hold it up on the steering wheel.

Of course it's gone now, and I pick-up engine blocks all day in my shop, so my strength is obviously still there, but I still get this from time to time, in either arm, as well as "rubbery", "weak" feeling in my legs from time to time. It's all part of the BFS "fatigue" symptom. What helps me when these things happen is lots of small breaks throughout the day, and just relax as much as you can. It'll go away :-)
Arron

I get it too

Postby DonnaKay on September 4th, 2003, 6:37 pm

I have that exact thing right now, except it's in my left thigh. I noticed it all day today. The muscle isn't weak, it's just achy. I've had it before in my right arm. It does go away.
DonnaKay

I get it too

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics