checking back

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

checking back

Postby fastpage on August 27th, 2003, 11:37 am

Hello everyone. I have been absent from the board since late May but thought I would check in as my results might be encouraging to others. As some of you may recall, I have been having constant calf fasics since about late last February. I have also been having random twitches all over and "pins and needles" sensations on a regular basis along with some burning and itching in the legs.

June 25th I had a neuro appointment and a follow up with nerve conduction studies, an MRI and an EMG in mid-July. I also had complete bloodwork done. Everything came back normal, even the elevated CPK has subsided. The only exception was some mild stenosis in my spine in the neck region which the neurologist felt was insignificant (I think I'm just getting old). He won't quite commit himself completely but he says he is 99% sure this is BFS and certainly not ALS or MS. There is no weakness or atrophy and he feels unless there is a change he doesn't need to see me until next summer when he would like to check up on me.

I have pretty much quit worrying about this altogether although my twitching goes on 24/7. I hope my results, together with those of many others on this board, will encourage folks who are just getting started with this problem that they are not going to die of some horrible disease. If you can learn to believe this early on it will save months of needless mental anguish. Good luck to all and thanks to those of you who helped me when I first came on last winter. If anything developes which I think will be use to you, I will report back. God Bless. --Graig
fastpage

Postby kim on August 27th, 2003, 1:36 pm

Graig,

Good to hear from you, and good to see you are doing so well!

Kim
kim
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby fastpage on August 28th, 2003, 9:53 am

Thanks Kim. I hope everything is going well for you also. Now that the heat of summer is almost over I am looking forward to fall. Cool days always improve my attitude. Good luck to everyone.
fastpage

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics