some not so good personal life news

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

some not so good personal life news

Postby Brian_B on August 21st, 2003, 11:30 pm

I resigned from my job today(deputy with the sheriffs dept here) when I was given the chance. Long story but its mainly political with some other stuff. A U.S. dept. of Justice investigator has been around which is not a good thing, it usually means civil rights violations or federal law violations. Either way its something I have no desire to be in the middle of.

I have no idea what I will do now, I still have my EMT license so that is a possibility. I also have thought about going back to school for something different or even working for my dad.

I am tempted though to walk into a U.S. attorneys office and tell them everything I know.
"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SusanSid on August 22nd, 2003, 12:27 am

Brian,
Hang in there!! Sorry to hear that you're going through this career mess. You must follow what is best and right for YOU! Hang in there.
Sue
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby reneeintx on August 23rd, 2003, 4:39 pm

Brian~

You know the old saying, when a door closes..a window opens. You may even find a job you like even better.

I used to be a mall security guard haha (rent a cop) and some of the guys there were using the job as a stepping stone to the police dept. They all told me being on the police force was a tough job not only the actual work, but the mind games, and politics that goes on there. To me it sounded horrible, but some people enjoy the challenge. Not me, I'm a weenie :lol:

BTW~ My sister lives in Collinsville, Illinois and works at Barnes Jewish. She's an oncology nurse. She loves her patients but can't say the same for her co-workers. :(

Anyways, everything will work out for you, you'll see. You might twitch a little more for a while.

Take care,
Renee :)
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Brian_B on August 24th, 2003, 2:15 am

its kinda funny but I dont twitch as much lately. Though may be because so stressed out over everything that I simply dont notice twitches
"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics