Saw doctor/recommended tonic water

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby Jenn311 on August 14th, 2003, 9:26 am

In some places around the country they only sell reduced alcohol beer, which is 3%. I remember hanging out in Colorado once when I was in college, drinking and drinking with some college buddies, but it was taking forever to get a buzz....that's where I learned about 3 % beer. Heck there are still plenty of counties in Texas that are "dry", meaning alcohol can't be sold in the county at all, except in restaurants if you purchase a "Membership card". What a joke. Gotta love the Bible Belt!

Lite beer is just reduced calorie beer, not alcohol content. I hope I don't sound like an alcoholic....I can't even drink more than one or two drinks these days...but I was a sorority girl in college. :wink:

Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby PamT on August 14th, 2003, 9:37 am

Jen, but when you have a few drinks, don't your anxiety levels decrease and you actually don't notice or don't have any twitching, etc?

Do some of the anxiety meds affect people like that? I mean, they don't notice or don't care?
PamT
PamT

Postby Jenn311 on August 14th, 2003, 9:51 am

Hey Pam....

Yeah I think anti-anxiety meds do work the same, but they tend to make people overwhelmingly sleepy. I do feel much more relaxed after a beer or two, and whether I'm forgetting about the twitching or not twitching, it's a nice reprieve. I have this theory that it's because alcohol makes the muscles relax, and the lack of tension is what offers the release. But then because you don't sleep very soundly after you've been drinking alcohol, it results in increased muscle tension and therefore you are more likely to twitch a lot after a night of drinking. Light drinking doesn't seem to have any effect the next day however. But then again, that's just my theory....I think I probably spend way to much time thinking about this stuff.

Cheers,
Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby PamT on August 14th, 2003, 9:54 am

You're right.. too much time spent.

Hey it looks like a nice weekend ahead. I'm going to the mountains camping. I have my neuro. appt. tomorrow, so I'm hoping to go camping with a clear head. Hopefully he'll listen to me... and take me seriously.
PamT
PamT

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to General Topics