Fatigue?

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Fatigue?

Postby DanielDK on August 13th, 2003, 11:27 am

Hi everybody!

I´m sorry if I stir up anxiety and/or distress with this post, but I´m dying to find out!

Lately I´ve been troubled by fatigue. All day long, I walk around and yawn, and feel as if I could sleep anytime! If I´d just close my eyes and lie down - I´d sleep! It´s as if my eyes are tired, or more exact, as if something behind my eyes wants to close them and make me sleep! I´m not tired in any of my limbs or muscles, but sometimes it´s hard to focuse and concentrate.

So my question is - how do you differ the fatigue that people suffering from MS have, and a "normal" fatigue and tiredness? I´m worrying a lot, and thinking that this tiredness of mine might be like an initial symptom of MS or something.......geeeee :?

Well, hope some of you know about this, and again, I hope I dont make any of you guys worried!

Best of everything to all of you,

Daniel
DanielDK

Postby PamT on August 13th, 2003, 11:32 am

Well, how do you sleep at night? Are you awakened all through the night and never actually getting a good nights sleep? Stress can do that also.
When I'm stressed, I sometimes just want to lay down. Depression can also do that.

Do your muscles wake you up at night?

Have you talked to your doctor? not that they always listen.....

When you say it's hard to focus.. that sounds like stress and anxiety.
If you were really tired with some terrible medical problem, I think you would HAVE to lay down and sleep, not just think about it..

My bet is anxiety... we are all suffering from it in some degree!
PamT
PamT

Postby kim on August 13th, 2003, 8:30 pm

Daniel,

Just a thought. When I was extremely anxious (freaking out about all this twithching B.S.) , all I wanted to do was sleep! My body shut down because I couldn't deal with the anxiety. I could have slept for a week, or two if I didn't have to work! Maybe this is the cause of your tiredness. My eyes were tired, my body was tired, my BRAIN was tired.

Kim
kim
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Pole on August 14th, 2003, 2:25 am

Daniel
my fatigue is totally diffrent from what you are talking about. It has nothing to do with being tired or wanting to sleep.
For me fatigue means that when I do something with my arms (wash my teeth, hold a newspaper or other phisical works) my arm are getting tired very quickly. The same with legs while climbing stairs. It doesn't mean that my arms or legs become useless even for a moment, but doing this things is much harder than before. And it's not always - sometimes I wash my teeth and don't feel any tiredness and next time I feel it.

I wonder how many of you has the same problem?

regards
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby dwl on August 14th, 2003, 4:44 am

me too
dwl
Hero
Hero

Postby PamT on August 14th, 2003, 8:25 am

Do your muscles ache sometimes?
I notice if I do alot with - say, my right arm- like throwing ball to my kids or playing badmitton - it starts to ache. It eventually goes away, but I don't think I've ever felt that way before.

I can still do all the things that I've always done, and most of the time I feel good while doing them, like walking or practicing soccer with my kids, but I know I've done something afterwards because of how my muscles feel.
PamT
PamT

Postby Pole on August 14th, 2003, 8:37 am

In my case that muscle fatigue is something like aching but not exactly. It's like after lifting very heavy things for an hour but during washing teeth. Maybe a little exaggerate but something like that.

M.
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby Nole on August 14th, 2003, 6:59 pm

Fatigue can go along with bfs also, I dont sleep that great any way but when I am very busy my body tells me by getting fatigued...I wake up feeling like I havent slept at all and my muscles feel tired and weak, and I tend to twitch more...a good nights sleep usually helps alot.
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

me also

Postby Flash19 on August 25th, 2003, 10:45 am

I have exactly your symtoms. They come and go. Sometimes I feel like I've sprained an arm or a leg but it clears up in a couple of days. My fingers get tired typing. Can't lift my arms. Can't get out of bed. Pur with sweat climbing the stairs, then the next night I can dance (badly) for 3 hours non stop.

This is BFS. I haven't even died once.

Flash
Flash19

Postby Arron on September 3rd, 2003, 12:50 am

I have to say that my fatigue is exactly like Pole described as his symptoms, right down to the last detail. Although I am always tired too, like DanielDK mentioned, but that's because I'm such a lazy butt :roll:
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics