To Alice

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

To Alice

Postby Pole on August 12th, 2003, 8:50 am

Hi Alice

I've just seen your answers in BFS-pool. You said that you have a fiend with ALS and his main symptom is twiching. Tell us more about that - really any weakness? And how about his neuro exams and EMG? I guess that something must be wrong now if he has been dx?

Has he ever had a BFS dx? Has he ever had a normal neuro exam or EMG (after twiching apeared)??

I hope you will respond those questions if you know that.
regards
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Re: To Alice

Postby KERRI on August 12th, 2003, 9:18 am

Pole wrote:Hi Alice

I've just seen your answers in BFS-pool. You said that you have a fiend with ALS and his main symptom is twiching. Tell us more about that - really any weakness? And how about his neuro exams and EMG? I guess that something must be wrong now if he has been dx?

Has he ever had a BFS dx? Has he ever had a normal neuro exam or EMG (after twiching apeared)??

I hope you will respond those questions if you know that.
regards
Marcin

Why do we do this, bodywide twitching is a sign of ALS, we know that.
There is probably more to this guys story, why did Alice bring this up, is this what lead her to seek help about her twitching.

Kerri
The twitching is upsetting and unsettling enough without these questions.
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby Enoch on August 12th, 2003, 11:30 am

Hi Kerri,

I have been monitoring this site and for close to (2) years and your posts for at lest several months. I have been dealing with neuro-symptoms
(twitiching, tingling, burning, numbness, pain, ect...) for at least (20) years.

Several people have given you excellent support and advice on this site; I hear people say, "you are to hard on Kerri, or you are to soft soft on Kerri" (paraphrased).

My advice is that you become accountable for your actions (posts) and the advice that is given to you. This site should be for the building up of all who deals with this starnge neuro-syndrome that many of us have dealt with for weeks, months, and even years. I really believe that many of your post do not align with the mission of this site. You should highly consider this.

I really understand that ALS is devastating condition; however; the greatest of all teachers (or the Messiah) once said, "Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? Of course not!"

I know you want to live a long and happly life, I believe we all do. However, none have the knowledge on when we will leave this life or the power of preventing it. As important as life is upon this earth (friends, family, how treat our fellow man, ect...); try concetrating on eternal things, like our relationship with God (the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob) through his Messiah Jesus. This brings true meaning and sustainment in life hear on earth.

Twently or so years down the road (after you have made 3 round trips down the ALS road), I really believe you are going to find yourself still here in this life. Just a reminder, always be ready for the next.

Have a great day and week!

Enoch
Enoch

Postby dan123 on August 12th, 2003, 11:45 am

That is the best post I have read in this forum...It is so true.

May God Bless you always.
dan123
Interested
Interested

Postby Josh on August 12th, 2003, 12:10 pm

Agreed.

PTL Brother!

Josh
Josh

Postby 25 on August 12th, 2003, 12:59 pm

Oh this is amazing!! THANK YOU JOSH! You have no idea how much I needed to read this post today! Talk about coincidences (or was it really?)....Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I cannot thank you enough! May God forgive me for not trusting in Him!

Sandra

Hi

Postby KERRI on August 12th, 2003, 1:59 pm

Enoch wrote:Hi Kerri,

I have been monitoring this site and for close to (2) years and your posts for at lest several months. I have been dealing with neuro-symptoms
(twitiching, tingling, burning, numbness, pain, ect...) for at least (20) years.

Several people have given you excellent support and advice on this site; I hear people say, "you are to hard on Kerri, or you are to soft soft on Kerri" (paraphrased).

My advice is that you become accountable for your actions (posts) and the advice that is given to you. This site should be for the building up of all who deals with this starnge neuro-syndrome that many of us have dealt with for weeks, months, and even years. I really believe that many of your post do not align with the mission of this site. You should highly consider this.

I really understand that ALS is devastating condition; however; the greatest of all teachers (or the Messiah) once said, "Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? Of course not!"

I know you want to live a long and happly life, I believe we all do. However, none have the knowledge on when we will leave this life or the power of preventing it. As important as life is upon this earth (friends, family, how treat our fellow man, ect...); try concetrating on eternal things, like our relationship with God (the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob) through his Messiah Jesus. This brings true meaning and sustainment in life hear on earth.

Twently or so years down the road (after you have made 3 round trips down the ALS road), I really believe you are going to find yourself still here in this life. Just a reminder, always be ready for the next.

Have a great day and week!

Enoch

I think if I heard more great posts like this, I would be on the road to recovery completely. I am getting better, but I have set backs, I have a friend who emails me when I am nuts. I am glad for that friend, and I prey that god with help me see good in my twitching and not all bad. I do not really twitch that much anymore.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Hi

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics