circulation problem?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

circulation problem?

Postby Mi-Young on August 9th, 2003, 1:24 pm

My acupuncturist has told me that twitching/aches are due to poor circulation. Can anyone verify or refute this? I have a hemangioma or venous malformation (tumor of blood vessels) in my calf muscle. Could my BFS symptoms be related to this tumor physically, not just from my anxiety about it? Also, I have had about 7 acupuncture treatments, all to no avail. I hate the needles and want to quit, but if anyone has found that acupuncture has helped them, please let me know, and I will grin and bear it.
Mi-Young
Interested
Interested

Postby Jenn311 on August 9th, 2003, 10:10 pm

I don't give much credence to acupuncture...I think if it works for people it is because of some kind of placebo effect. But that is only my opinion. I haven't even tried it, nor do I plan on it, as I hate needles. I highly doubt that the twitching is caused from poor circulation in the case of those that suffer from BFS. That said, if I have a hand that falls asleep it usually twitches quite a bit. But I have always attributed that to compression of the nerve rather than the blood supply being temporarily cut off.

Do you twitch all over or only in the leg where you have the tumor (sorry to hear about that by the way...)? Have you been diagnosed with BFS?

Welcome to the forum! :D
Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

It is odd that you should say that

Postby KERRI on August 10th, 2003, 6:24 am

I told my moms aunt about six months ago that I had this twitching problem. She said that she and her sister had the same problem at my age and they were told it was poor circulation as well. I have had an ultrasound of my legs since and I do have diminished circulation in both. When my moms aunt had told me that I brushed her off as an old looney toon but she may have been right.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby dwl on August 10th, 2003, 7:41 am

There is no published evidence that I can find which links bfs to circulatory problems. There is quite a lot of stuff I've found which suggests it is an autoimmune disease directed against potassium channels in nerve cells.
dwl
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management