LETS DO SOMETHING FUN

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

So cool of Kerri to take initiative

Postby Mi-Young on August 9th, 2003, 1:52 pm

I just joined this site today, but I can already see you are all wonderful people. :) I am very glad to get an idea of who you all are as people, not just "BFS sufferers."
I am 24, female, Korean-American, 5'4", long dark hair. I just graduated from UCLA as a foreign language major; I speak Korean and Spanish. I love horses, dogs, and I am a singer/songwriter who plays the piano and listens to all kinds of music exept hard-core heavy metal. I live in Southern california.
Mi-Young
Interested
Interested

Zzzzzzzzz on me

Postby twitchaholic on August 9th, 2003, 5:06 pm

This was a great idea! It's so cool to see more about the people whose posts you read. Thanks, Kerri.
Well here goes. Get your pillow because you might just doze off.
I'm 38 years OLD. When I type my age I have one of those minor anxiety attacks. Fake blonde (used to be real---no grey yet, just lots more brown). Almost 5' 10". I weigh less than Brian but that's all I will say. For all you young BFS'ers, you can just call me "Mom."
I live in lovely suburban St. Louis in a house that I cannot keep up with (sorry Jen, ended the sentence with a preposition). I have been a portrait artist for almost 20 years after going to school for fine art and realizing I would never make a decent living (so I married up to make sure I could eat). Let me shamelessly add you can see my work at http://www.oberfinearts.com. Oh, and I do love to eat. I must say the one great thing about St. Louis is the food. Now I am hungry but I digress...
I am married to a saint who hit 40 this year so I am now living with an old man which my mother said I should never do. I have 2 kids. I was stunned by my luck in getting a boy first and a girl second. One of each. Yeeeha!
I think I am a little off the beaten path. I am a bible believing Baptist yet I love REALLY hard rock, the kind that have album covers that would make Billy Graham cry. Just a note for you youngsters, an album cover is a protective jacket which covers a record which is a vinyl disc-like device on which music was recorded and played in the old days.
I got married in Las Vegas at the Graceland Chapel. Had Elvis walk me down the isle, be best man, and sing. My mother said I made a mockery of marriage but that was 10 years ago and I have a lot of friends who should have considered marrying that way. They would have saved a ton of cash and might still be married.
I am a music freak maybe because I only dated musicians in high school and college (and not the kind you could bring home). Yeah, I had a most adventurous few years with those folks but I don't want to say more or the cops like Brian might come get me. I also have an amazing and impressive collection of 70's top 40 hits. Geeky yes, but does anyone remember the days of "The Cover of the Rolling Stone?" True genius.
Oh and I smoke but I feel guilty all the time about it and blame my mother because she smoked when I was growing up. Years of choking to death in the car with her made me promise I would never smoke, but whatdya know? I am an addict. Sometimes I think I will rot in Hell for it yet if I talk to other people who think that way I convince them that God forgives and understands our weaknesses. I make a great hypocrite but not on purpose.
I have a dog named George W. Bush but we just call him "W" (Dubya).
I have an absolutely impressive ability to whistle a tune better than any man. Got that talent from my dad. If any of you have high speed access I would be happy to share my rendition of "Happy Birthday" in MP3 format via e-mail. Oh I know the requests will be overwhelming but I will try to keep up with them.
I talk a lot as you can probably guess from this long winded post. I even got an ear blister from talking on the phone so much. Of course, that had me in the dermatologists office convinced I had ear cancer. I didn't, but at that same visit I had to have a mole removed from my gigantic butt but that's a story for another day. Anyway, my 5 year old draws pictures of me with a phone glued to my head. What a shame...
I think that brings you all up to date on my life story. Gee, hope that doesn't make the moderators remove me from the site.
Can't wait to read about more of you!
Lisa
P.S. You can wake up now.
twitchaholic

Floater

Postby twitchaholic on August 9th, 2003, 5:09 pm

Floater, my dog likes to chew on my bras and eats toilet paper. I once knew a guy that saved his urine in beer bottles because he was too drunk and too lazy to go to the bathroom.
Didn't want you to think you were alone but on the other hand I haven't killed any animals with my bare hands...
twitchaholic

Postby Brian_B on August 9th, 2003, 8:23 pm

Lisa,

Yeah, I had a most adventurous few years with those folks but I don't want to say more or the cops like Brian might come get me

HA! put it this way, if getting this job had a requirement of you could not have done anything "wrong" or "illegal" in high school or college then I would have a different profession now

I had to take a lie detector test and one of the first things they said was be honest, anything you did in high school or college wont affect if you get the job(Im assuming they meant anything besides rape or robbery or murder though) so I was honest and I got the job.
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Brian_B on August 9th, 2003, 8:28 pm

Lisa again,

I once knew a guy that saved his urine in beer bottles

LOL I just remembered the part in dumb and dumber where Jim Carry pees in the empty beer bottles then they get pulled over and the trooper takes a drink from one of the bottles
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby tlotoxl on August 10th, 2003, 2:10 am

HA! put it this way, if getting this job had a requirement of you could not have done anything "wrong" or "illegal" in high school or college then I would have a different profession now.

A friend of mine is a police officer in Calgary, and I remember during the whole entrance testing process they asked him if he'd ever been in a bar fight. Well, my friend is in impressive shape and has studied martial arts for years, but he's pretty non-violent, on the whole -- and he almost didn't get the job as a result ;) I guess they figure (especially in Calgary, maybe) that it's just not normal for a young male to not have a rumble or two in a bar by the time he's 22.
tlotoxl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Brian_B on August 10th, 2003, 2:54 am

why would he about not got the job because of that?
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby tlotoxl on August 10th, 2003, 3:13 am

I guess they were worried that he might hesitate to use force when necessary or that he didn't have the right disposition to be a police officer.
tlotoxl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby PamT on August 11th, 2003, 8:11 am

I'm 39 years old, brown hair, brown eyes, 5'6 and 120 lbs.
I have two kids, boy and a girl, and 3 dogs, 2 fish, a hamster and a cat.
So it's like living in a zoo.

I love to camp and bicycle with my family. We live in Pennsylvania where there are some beautiful parks, so we kind of stick around to camp. Mostly in the beautiful Laurel mountains.

I work in a bank, which i hate, and I'm called an analyst,which isn't exactly true. I do whatever they tell me too...

I love Chinese food and Mexican food, spicy....

I'm more of a tomboy type of person, I'm not afraid to get dirty. My daughter takes after me.

It's hard to describe yourself in a few words.. I also thought I was calm and layback, but this has sure changed me!
PamT
PamT

Postby Ginlyn on June 25th, 2004, 8:53 pm

I'm 5'4" and will never divulge my weight or age (a woman that tells you her age/weight - will tell you everything!) Just kidding :D

I honestly don't know my weight, since I threw out the scale a long time ago. I lift weights and walk/jog 6 days a week.

I'm 42 years old and have been married to a younger man ( :wink: for 12 very happy years (he is 5 years younger). He is wonderful!

I don't have children, but own three horses, three cats, and three dogs. I live on a 6 acre ranch in California, but am originally from the East.

I used to be a flight attendant for USAirways, but am now a "stay-at-home mom" to my four-legged kids. I occasionally help out my DDS with his office work.

I loved all types of music. I love to ride my horses, ski, hike and camp. I rarely watch t.v., but LOVE The Sopranos (am addicted)

My favorite food is birthday cake. It would be my "last meal" if I ever had to pick something :D
Ginlyn
Saint
Saint

Postby Debbs on June 29th, 2004, 8:55 am

I am 44 years of age, I weigh 5o kilo (dont know what that is in pounds) I have blonde hair and blue eyes,Im 5'4, I have been been married to my husband since I was 21, I have 2 amazing children, Bree-anne is 20 and Matt is 18, I live near the beach and just love it, I think Ive seen every chick flick there iscause Im a romantic and just cant help myself, I enjoy picnics, cafes, a walking along the beach on a hot summers night and being with my friends,I run my own business from home and have done for 6 years now, I also work for a computer software company, and have an internet business on the side, I workout every day and love my life.

Thats me in a nutshell :wink:
Debbs

TOOOOO fun!

Postby Jayel on June 29th, 2004, 10:05 pm

Lovin' all of your wild revelations! I share the same birthday and year as Tom Cruise (can you guess how old I will be next week?) but I don't have any facial hair (yet?). :) I am tall with dark hair and eyes and some people used to tell me I look like Terry Hatcher (sigh--that was 25 pounds ago before the birth of my son.) I love to write poetry and humor is my best friend. I hate my little toenail because it looks like a piece of corn. I was crushed when Seinfeld ended and I my favorite rental is "The Blue Collar Comedy Tour". I once mistakenly grabbed bubblegum toothpaste and used it, well, in a place I shouldn't have. I also grabbed a large glass of bubbles and drank a huge swallow before I figured out it was not apple juice. I am always the one who has the oddest things happen which make for the best stories. I am a loyal friend and highly compassionate. I am a middle school teacher and I have survived almost 10 years :lol:
Next year I will have a Gothic cluster--is is night out or are all my students wearing black? Not sure if that requires a bullet-proof vest, but I am sure it will be interesting. Who in the hell ever thought to make black nail polish anyways??

Jayel
Jayel
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

TOOOOO fun!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)