Oh my god I am dying....

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Oh my god I am dying....

Postby gordonsummer on July 31st, 2003, 1:01 am

Or at least that is what I thought before reading some of these other lists.

I woke up with a twitch in my right arm....went to the computer....ALS....webmd should be blocked from my computer you know how some people have *beep* blocks I should block diagnosis sites. Anyhoo. I haven't slept for 3 weeks. Twitches went everywhere, mostly in the calves and feet but sometimes in the arm or back. I thought I was a gonner. I did all the stuff....worked out harder than I have ever worked out and then wondered why I was sore. I increased push ups from 10 to 25 in 3 weeks...needless to say my pecs are looking like a young Ahnuld. However, that did not convince me that I was not dying. You right people think you are crazy.

I went to a therapist who wants to put me on Paxil I don't want to go. Did it help anyone loose the twitches? Just tonight after reading this site, my twitches have subsided considerably. they are not gone but they are better. Who knew? I would especially like to thank aaron for the great specific and helpful information.
gordonsummer

Postby tlotoxl on July 31st, 2003, 1:42 am

congratulations on your ahnuld physique. look out for brian, though -- his 50 easy daily pushups probably put the rest of us to shame (i know they put me to shame ;) )

if you read around on these boards, you'll find that some people have indeed had their twitches disappear (or close enough to it) whereas the rest of us have them come and go, though generally improve (perhaps).
tlotoxl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Brian_B on August 1st, 2003, 1:39 am

Ive kinda stayed in shape even though its been 6 years since graduated frrom police academy. I can do things like pushups, sit ups, knee bends and stuff, but I dont run, I despise running even if its just a short distance
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby potternut on August 5th, 2003, 10:20 pm

Gordon:

I'm also from Braintalk. Started twitching one year ago this month after heavy duty physical and emotional stress. I did exactly what everyone else does...the Google search..and realized that I probably had ALS. Of course, 1 year later I'm still here with no progression of sxs.

I started Paxil when I realized that my ALS anxiety was completely and utterly out of my control. The medicine worked wonders and it gave me back the ability to take a deep breath and rationally think about things. I stayed on it for 6 months and know that I can go back on it if I ever need to again.

I highly recommend you talking with your doctor about a medication trial.

Also, I started taking Magnesium supplements and that seems to help with the twitching.

Best,
Jenny
potternut

hi

Postby Mi-Young on August 9th, 2003, 1:03 pm

I am also a new member to this site. I have found that a very hot soak in a bath/jacuzzi, stretching + deep breathing, and massage all temporarily relieve my twitching and aches. I have also done some reading on raw, natural foods. Apparently we humans are genetically incapable of thriving on cooked/processed foods in which all the vital enzymes and nutrients have been destroyed; the cooked/processed foods just putrefy in our system, causing toxemia and disease of the body. My acupuncturist says that twitching/aching are due to poor circulation from improper liver/spleen function. I drink wheatgrass juice, herbs, and have tried fasting to cleanse my body. I figure, every effort to be as healthy as possible can only help. Hope you feel better. :)
Mi-Young
Interested
Interested

hi

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management