feel like I worked out

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

feel like I worked out

Postby KERRI on August 3rd, 2003, 2:09 pm

I have times when my limbs feel heavy like I have worked out, do you guys get this.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby dwl on August 3rd, 2003, 2:31 pm

Kerri, sometimes it seems like every time your heart beats you post a message asking if it is normal or if anyone else gets it. For goodness sake unplug your computer and do some normal stuff.

David
dwl
Hero
Hero

Postby uber on August 4th, 2003, 3:13 am

sigh..Kerri at it again I see....I think people are starting to loose patience with you on these forums now Kerri :\ its obvious you are taking every little thing way too seriously...nearly every symptom you have described has been Anxiety related and the very fact that all your testing has came back normal, reinforces that. Why wont you just accept its Anxiety?? do you have a reason in your head for it??? Every time somebody challenges one of your posts on these forums, you seem to ignore them :\ I know this may be harsh but perhaps if the forums mods, banned you from here it wouldnt be such a bad thing for everybody...sorry I know its harsh, but its the way I feel
uber
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jenn311 on August 4th, 2003, 7:28 am

Hey Y'all stop being so hard on Kerri! :wink:
Yes I get that feeling too.
Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Kerri's note

Postby Just_curious on August 4th, 2003, 8:04 am

Hey,
I agree with Jenn, this is supposed to be a support site for you all, and sometimes coming here and inquiring can help someone keep their sanity just a little longer. You all need to be supportive, and if you get frustrated then dont respond but dont take it out on the individual as they are only seeking answers to what is bothering them. BE SUPPORTIVE.

Just curious... :)
Just_curious
Interested
Interested

Postby tlotoxl on August 4th, 2003, 8:12 am

i don't think that anyone's really taking anything out on kerri -- but sometimes maybe the best love is tough love, and since we can all see that kerri's interaction with the internet is only fueling her health anxiety, then we gotta consider the best way of getting her to break out of it.
tlotoxl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Pole on August 4th, 2003, 8:29 am

I think Kerri is a classic case of hypochondriac (maybe she's not only here :oops: ) and we are not able to make her stop believing that she has ALS. She need a seriuos psychological treatment = drugs+therapy.
Kerri, you won't win this battle without that.

Good luck
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby uber on August 4th, 2003, 8:50 am

yep dont get me wrong, i dont have any "problem" with Kerri as such, as I want the best for her and hope that she resolves her problems, but I think with some people you have to be cruel to be kind. Yes this is a forum where we can all pull together to offer support and advice to each other but Kerri doesnt seem to be listening to anybody, as pole said she is beein a classic Hypochondirac, and although you dont all see it this way, but some people that come to these boards actually suffer from REAL Neurological conditions and havent had the benefit or half the testing Kerri has had, and she still is on seeking reassurance from everybody...I see that as a bit insulting tbh, and its taking a liberty with what these forums are used for. She should be posting on a depression/anxiety related forum. This forum is for people who suffer or are worried about BFS, I think its been clinically proven and very well established that Kerri clearly doesnt have that problem and should therefore do herself a favour and stop coming here, and in my opinion stop coming on the net alltogether as it just fuels her Anxiety.
uber
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby GrymReeper on August 4th, 2003, 8:52 am

The psychological portion of this syndrome, especially early on, can be the worst part of it. I was lucky - didn't ever worry too much really, and always believed my test results and neuro reports. But at first, I was somewhat concerned, especially after doing an internet search - like most of you did, and finding ALS.

This was over 5 years ago, and not many forums were available. The one I found allowed you to post annonymously. I posted the same question twice under different user names. Most responses were reassuring, but one person caught on and took me to task. He/She really let me have it, saying that I could ask the question 100 times under different names and the answers would not change. I was the one who had to change - to start believing the answers. To stop ignoring the evidence, to stop thinking I was going to be THE rare case.

Know what? This poster did more for me than all the "you'll be fine" posts put together.

Kerri, please...look at your question. I'm sure you've read the archives. The symtpom you ask about is one of the most common symptoms here, and you know it. I know that sometimes people need or want an answer directly to them. Maybe in the future when you have these doubts, you could email someone here. I'm sure you could find a forum pen pal.

I've been in forums before where this kind of thing happened. I was perhaps the worst at ripping on a whining poster. Whining is one thing, true fear is another. No matter how irrational an individual's fear may seem to you, it is a very real fear to that individual.

Kerri, refer to your post dated May 14 - and believe what you wrote. You have too much living to do to walk around dying, ok?
Last edited by GrymReeper on August 4th, 2003, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Grym
GrymReeper

Postby Jenn311 on August 4th, 2003, 1:47 pm

Great post Grym,

I liked what you said: "You've got too much living to do to walk around dying". So true!
Jen 8)
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management