Anyone else with hand tremors?

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Anyone else with hand tremors?

Postby DanielDK on August 4th, 2003, 6:34 am

Hi everybody!

I´m back here again for a short while, after having spent my summer vacation all over europe (I live here, so no worries...), and I´ve returned to Denmark for a wonderfull....math-exam ;)

Anyways, I just wanted to ask all you brave people in here a simple question:

Does any of you, or anyone else but me, have so-called postural tremors?

I´ve had hand-tremors for about 8 months. It´s quite visible whenever my hand/fingers are not relaxed. That is, my fingers visibly shake whenever I point my fingers out, rasie a finger during school lessons, or whatever...They never shake whenever my hand is in a relaxed state (A good sign I´ve heard - All you "doctors" out there would know :wink: ).

So basically I was just wondering if any of you ellow BFS´ers out here have hand tremors? It is in no way debilitating, since I can still eat, write and grab things! (Same strength as always!)

Best of wishes to you all,

Daniel
DanielDK

Postby Pole on August 4th, 2003, 6:43 am

Hello Daniel

This time I can't help - no hands tremors so far.

Good luck during your math-exam :D

M.
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby tlotoxl on August 4th, 2003, 7:20 am

Yes, I have postural hand tremors, with my left hand worse than the right hand. If I hold my hands above the keyboard with my wrists wresting, they're especially easily visible. Sometimes while raised like that or when a finger is hovering over a key, the finger will move back and forth, increasing in amplitude for a few seconds before attenuating completely. This movement stops immediately if I relax my hands. I find it unnerving, but no neurologist seems to think much of it here at this point. Just the same, I want to have some tests done for heavy metals, copper and maybe some MRIs, because given that there is no essential tremor in my family, it just doesn't seem very natural.

Anyway, it's not a symptom of ALS or anything like that, so I suppose in that sense I should perhaps even be relieved by it ;)
tlotoxl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jenn311 on August 4th, 2003, 7:38 am

Hey Daniel...

Glad to hear you had a great summer! We've missed you around here.

I do get a tremor in my left hand, that comes and goes depending on the amt. of rest, anxiety, and caffeine that are in my system. If your nuero dismisses it, I would too if I were you. Worrying about this stuff just makes you miserable, and there is so much out there in the world to see and enjoy.

Take care!
Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby Craig on August 4th, 2003, 9:26 am

Yes, I also have a postural tremor that came about when all of this BFS stuff started.
Craig
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby kim on August 4th, 2003, 7:13 pm

I get them too! Most noteable when holding a fork, my right thumb goes nuts!

Kim
kim
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby sheilainsa on August 5th, 2003, 1:36 am

Me too. Started with just the slight shake of my left hand, then I noticed quite strong leg tremors at yoga.

Recently I've been getting all over tremors quite often and I've worked out that it happens after I've been doing any kind of exercise, even walking the dog. Its like an all over wobble which is really disconcerting and lasts for the whole day. Does this mean I should give up exercise or should I just work through it?

S
sheilainsa
Interested
Interested

Postby uber on August 6th, 2003, 12:48 pm

you know a lot of people have postural tremor, i dont think its always a symptom, Anxiety is probably the most common cause of it, when im anxious mine goes through the roof
uber
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics