choking on spit

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

choking on spit

Postby KERRI on July 31st, 2003, 12:40 pm

I have had a negative barium swallow and pulmonary funciton test yest I have a lot of nasal drip going down the back of my throat. I feel like I am going to choke on it every once and a while it makes me have a cough attack, is this just allergies.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby tlotoxl on July 31st, 2003, 1:49 pm

I thought it was normal to have have nasal drip/saliva going down your throat? If you think about it a lot, you probably will choke on it, though. Now that you brought it up, I know it's bothering me ;)
tlotoxl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Dale on July 31st, 2003, 2:15 pm

The next time you feel the nasal drip going down the back of your throat, trying standing on your head for 5 minutes. If that doesn't work, may I suggest WWW.DRPHIL.COM.
Dale
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby dwl on July 31st, 2003, 2:16 pm

Kerri,

Are you still here? We all thought you were going to have a break from this stuff.

David
dwl
Hero
Hero

Postby uber on July 31st, 2003, 2:49 pm

Globus Hystericus...I keep telling..you keep ignoring
uber
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby twitchaholic on July 31st, 2003, 5:44 pm

I agree wholeheartedly. Uber is right. Kerri, you are a nice and caring person. That is obvious. The problem is that when you work yourself into hysteria, everyone else goes along for the ride. Perhaps you have a hobby you have been ignoring because of the stress you are under. Maybe you could start that again. It really helps to take one's mind of worries. If all else fails, I like Dale's advice the best.
twitchaholic

Re: choking on spit

Postby KERRI on July 31st, 2003, 7:07 pm

KERRI wrote:I have had a negative barium swallow and pulmonary funciton test yest I have a lot of nasal drip going down the back of my throat. I feel like I am going to choke on it every once and a while it makes me have a cough attack, is this just allergies.

Kerri

I think it is just allergies. When I leave work it goes away, the floor cleaner is hell on the sinuses.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby Jenn311 on July 31st, 2003, 8:22 pm

Kerri,

I get this when one of my infamous sinus infections...there are sinus cavities located right behind your nose called the ethmoid (?) sinuses, and when those are infected....it's like turning on the water works girl! I will wake up literally choking on my snot (EEEWWWWW!) And since you just got over a strep infection, it's possible that you could have one. Or like you said, could be allergies.

Jen 8)
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management