more on carolmarie post

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

more on carolmarie post

Postby Brian_B on July 29th, 2003, 11:08 pm

ok so I was bored and what the heck I'm a cop so im naturally curious and like to try and figure thing out, so reading the post about someone on the braintalk forum with close to same things as her, heres what I found when I re-read some old post

1-the state is the same, but what the heck that could be coincidence right? well thats not all
2-the date she said she started twitching is EXACTLY the same, even the time of day is the same, not just same month or even just same time of day bu EXACTLY the same date and time, sept 12,2002 both in the evening, both while watching tv
3-both posters said an MRI revealed possible MC lesion on th e brain
4-both said at end of march they thought they had trouble swallowing
5-both said after talking to neuro they ordered barium swallow and BOTH again said tha test was 10 days later
6-both said their talking was not affected
7-both said they had bad headaches EXACTLY 2 months before twitching
8-both said no medicine helped the headaches
9-both said they had 2 EMG's with both being normal
10- and finally both said a neuro told them they had somatization

I deal in coincidences, but when you get that many coincidences at once, you realize its not a coincidence, that its the real thing for sure

something else I noticed too, she lives in Maryland, there is a world renouned hosptial in John Hopkins, which is at least the number 2 of not THE number 1 hospital in the country with neurological problems, yet she says they referred her to U of West Virginia. Could be true, but I have a hard time believing if you have possibly the number 1 hospital in the country in your home state, that they wouldnt refer you there.

I live in Illinois, close to St louis, Barnes Hospital in St Louis is I believe the last rankings was the number 7 hospital in the country. They would have referred me there if I had agreed to go there but I wasnt concered enough to go there and settled for a doctor from St Louis University Hospital that come out here twice a month

I dont like to assume someone is lying, but that many contradictions I believe without a doubt its same person. And strictly my opinion and I could be wrong, but my opinion is either 1-she has BFS but does not want to beleive it, OR 2-she doesnt have anything and was just using forums to try and scare people. I really hope if its one of those 2 that its the former and not the latter.
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SusanSid on July 30th, 2003, 12:12 am

I agree with you Brian. I too hope she is fine, but from the get-go I had my doubts about the entire story. We all have to be careful about what people read and believe from the internet, because there sadly are people out there that get off on scaring others or want the attention.
I again, am not saying that is true for her, but I am suspicious.
All the genuine people on this site always get back to us as their diagnosis from appts, things they have read, EMG results and voicing their concerns and offer support. That's what we are here for. They don't vanish.
I hope she is OK, but my gut says she has more pressing problems besides BFS.
If in doubt of BFS, read the previous postings...yes, there are a lot and you will be reminded that for the most part, it's the fear that has it's grip on us....me included.
I don't know what I would have done without all of you .
Thanks.
Sue :D
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby lbair on July 30th, 2003, 9:06 am

Brian......Just a few more *coincidences*

Both said that the tech doing the barium swallow told her that certain neurological conditions can cause her problems.....and both said they didn't ask the tech what neurological conditions she was referring to.

Both said they had stiffness of the feet.........read Poles private message response from her.

Not only did they both have trouble swallowing in March, but both said , that their throat muscles became *paralyzed*.

On top of all of that, if you read her profile here, and the profile on braintalk, not only are they both from MD, but their both a secretary, and they both listed cats as their interests!!

Sorry, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out!!

BTW....I post over at braintalk, and only found out about this site when someone from braintalk posted a link to this site about a woman who had normal emg and no weakness go on to be diagnosed with ALS.............so not only was the pot stirred up here because of her post, but over at braintalk as well.
lbair

Postby Twyla on August 2nd, 2003, 4:59 pm

In her posts on the Braintalk ALS forum recently she doesn't mention the "atrophy" she so graphically described to us here. This is something that would be hard to "imagine"....so was it real, or was she deliberately misleading us?

Here's what she wrote

Now, I noticed when I looked in the mirror the other night, that I can see the definition of my collar bone on my left side and there is a definite hole beneath that and the last time I said the Pledge of Allegiance it wasn't there. If you would put your right hand over your heart like you do when you pledge my indentation is where the ends of your fingers would rest, just under the collarbone.

My mom said I should tell my friend so I did today at lunch. I took my top off and she blanched when she saw the wasting of the muscle around my collarbone and below.
Twyla

Postby Jenn311 on August 2nd, 2003, 10:40 pm

Some people do experience atrophy while they have BFS that is totally non-BFS related....for example if you have an old injury....I just wanted to point that out to anyone that may be surfing their bodies now looking for something ominous.

Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

I see Dead People

Postby Flash19 on August 4th, 2003, 1:20 pm

On the Cluster Headaches forum http://www.clusterheadaches.com we have had 2 fake deaths. One actually came back after dying of both MS and cancer, and SHE STILL POSTS.

That person even once had her son email me, though I'm sure it was her.

Moral of this story is that death is less permanent on the Internet.

My guess is that there's a wrangness here (as we say in Aberdeen, translation "wrongness").

Anyhow she sure scared me today when I read her post. I vote we delete it.

Flash
Flash19

Atleast put a note there

Postby KERRI on August 4th, 2003, 2:37 pm

Put a note to Carols post.

You know that damb post is what set me back, I should have know when Jenn tried to tell me she thought is was a lie.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Atleast put a note there

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics