just an observation

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

just an observation

Postby Brian_B on July 26th, 2003, 12:17 am

its amazing how you can not notice twitches when you are busy or pre-occupied compared to when you are just sitting or laying around

case in point, tonight was my first day back to work after being off 4 days, first few hours I noticed that both my upper arms were twitching and of course when I think about it I notice it more

then I was busy for an hour when got dispatched to a possible home invasion in progress, and if my arm was twitching then I didnt notice it.

now that Im not busy and just getting ready to at least think about go to bed of course I notice it again.
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

observation....

Postby Renae on July 28th, 2003, 9:01 am

Yeah, I've noticed that as well. Sometimes I think the busier I am...the better off I am because I don't have time to focus on every little thing that my body is doing! But yes, I definitely notice twitches more when I'm not doing much!

:) Renae
Renae

Postby Davidd on July 28th, 2003, 7:43 pm

Brian-

That is an excellent point..it's almost like a vicious cycle. You don't notice the twitches for awhile, then you remember that you don't notice them and then all of a sudden they are there! I find that like you when I am pre-occupied I notice them less but when I am sitting still or not doing much I notice them more. What;s interesting though is that when I am standing I hardly ever notice them even when I am thinking about it.

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Pole on July 29th, 2003, 2:39 am

I have the same observation. Sometimes when I am busy I do not notice my twiches. After this "non-twiching" period I usually realize that I don't feel them and twiches are back.
But sometimes when I am busy I feel them too.

Talking about standing without twiching - I think it is normal because when you are standing your muscles are not relaxed so they cant twich.

regards
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby GrymReeper on August 1st, 2003, 8:08 am

Newbie here, but a real veteran of the battle. I think we are all guilty of hypervigilance. We notice things in our bodies that were always there but we now blame them on the syndrome. "Holy crap, my left ankle looks thinner than my right, it must be atrophy!!!!" Many times we are battling our minds much more than our bodies.
Regards,
Grym
GrymReeper

Postby twitchaholic on August 1st, 2003, 5:49 pm

I like you Grym. Simple, articulate, and right on the money. Do stay around.
twitchaholic

Postby GrymReeper on August 4th, 2003, 8:53 am

Thanks twitch, very much. I think I will.
Regards,
Grym
GrymReeper

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management