Back twitches

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Back twitches

Postby spb on July 23rd, 2003, 4:38 pm

Hi there -

I'm writing this and feeling very tense. I've been trying so hard to be calm and some days are better than others.

I'm having loads of twitches in my back. They are little fluttery ones and then once in awhile I get a rolling feeling. Anyone else have those? I keep reading posts and seeing that torso stuff is normal/not and this makes me really tense. I am staring at my back (which is hard to do :) and now can't tell if the sides are symmetrical or not...

That combined with a burning tongue that feels funny when I speak is enough to send me over.

I'm just sad right now and need to get this out. Thanks a lot.

Cin
spb

Postby reneeintx on July 23rd, 2003, 4:54 pm

Cin~

I get back twitches also, the fluttering kind. Right now my calves and feet are popping :( These are my hot spots. I don't know why "we people" are cursed with this...

I've been checking my legs for the past two weeks to see if they look the same. They still are as far as I can tell.

Why does this condition have to be such a "mind game"

Renee~tense and sad at this very moment too :(
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

tense and sad...

Postby Renae on July 25th, 2003, 10:16 am

So sorry to hear that you both are feeling "tense and sad"! Renee, it seems like you've been having a hard time lately from the posts I've read. This is all such a "mind game", I agree! I'm sure you feel like I do...you just wish you could forget about it and move on with your life. I'm only 28 years old and I feel like all I think about is death and will I live long enough to get married and have children. That's pretty pathetic for me to be thinking. My partner is always trying to get me to think more positively, but I'm having a hard time doing that! I think I'm even beyond the ALS worries....now every little symptom I have becomes this major ordeal. I've had myself diagnosed with every horrible disease, I think. I have become my own worse enemy and such a hypochondriac and this has NEVER been a part of my personality before this past year. I guess we just have to get out of this pattern of thinking!

As far as the back twitches thing...I've just recently started getting twitching in my back! It's very weird!

Well, I hope you're both feeling less tense! It's always good to at least vent a little on here! You know there are people who can sympathize, that's for sure!

Blessings...
Renae :)
Renae

Postby spb on July 25th, 2003, 11:03 am

It's all tough.
I have good days and bad. The back stuff scares me as does the mouth/tongue stuff.

The back thing just feels so weird - kind of rumbly, then little twitches - not big thumpers. Almost like a heightened buzzing.

And I keep looking for weakness - like we all do.

Take care both of you "R"s.
spb

Postby spb on July 25th, 2003, 11:05 am

It's all tough.
I have good days and bad. The back stuff scares me as does the mouth/tongue stuff.

The back thing just feels so weird - kind of rumbly, then little twitches - not big thumpers. Almost like a heightened buzzing.

And I keep looking for weakness - like we all do.

Take care both of you "R"s.
spb

Postby reneeintx on July 25th, 2003, 1:08 pm

Renae & spb~

Thanks for your replies. I just get so down sometimes. I can say this "death thinking" isn't new to me. I'm a severe hypochondriac. I must've been dying 15 times during my life...breast cancer, lymphoma, leukemia, brain tumor.

Renae, not only do we have the same name we think alot alike. :)
I'm the queen of self-diagnosing. I don't have a clue why I think I have the same knowledge as someone that went to medical school. Just because I read the Merc Manuel doesn't make me Dr. Renee ;)

spb I have good days and bad. I'm such a pessimist, the glass is half empty, so I'd have to say I have more bad.

Have good days today..BOTH of you!! I'll try too!!

Renee :)
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby reneeintx on July 25th, 2003, 1:09 pm

oops, double post
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

hello...

Postby Renae on July 25th, 2003, 2:34 pm

Yes, I guess we are queen's of self-diagnosing! What makes us think we know so much? :) I guess we think we know our bodies, that's why we think we have the authority or something! For me, it's just a viscious cycle. I'm so hyper-sensitive to every little thing that happens to me. I swear, if I get a pimple that doesn't go away in a few days I start to freak out! And I realize how pathetic I'm being, but so far it hasn't stopped me from continuing to be pathetic and worried! I'm in therapy and my therapist was asking me a lot about my childhood, etc. and discovered that I was a very worried child. She said something very simple, but so sad to me..."You were a worried child who has turned into a worried adult". So, we're trying to work on me not being so "worried" anymore!

Well, I hope you and spb both have good weekends! Try to stay positive! :)
Renae

Postby Davidd on July 28th, 2003, 7:49 pm

SPB- I also get back twitches sometimes...in fact, I get twitches all over but, like most of, mostly in the calves. It's been about a year for me and I have gotten much more used to the twitches but sometimes they can still be worrisome.

Renae -- I am also 28...I know that it really stinks to have weird symptoms like the ones we all have but I hope that you are able to overcome your worries...it's taken me a long time and I'm still getting there but it does take time. Hang in there!

--david
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Pole on July 29th, 2003, 2:34 am

I am 28 too :D
M.
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby Renae on July 29th, 2003, 11:02 am

Wow! Lots of 28 year olds on here! :)

Thanks for your reply David...I will definitely hang in there. It does take time...its good to be reminded of that!

Take care all...
Renae :)
Renae

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management