every day for the past 4 weeks

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

every day for the past 4 weeks

Postby dan123 on July 21st, 2003, 12:51 pm

I have had this twitches for the last 4 weeks. I always had a twitch in my eyes specially when stressed, but this time what started only in my eyes have move to all over my body, specially in my left(calve, thide). One in a while my tongue will twitch too but only once a week or so. Here is I feel:
Sometime I can see my muscle move and others I do no see it but I feel like a worm is moving inside.

I admin I am a hypochondria but did not read anything about ALS until I started to twitch and to be honest I do not know what is worse the twitch or the FEAR. I have a planned check up with my doctor. I will definally ask but is anyone having similar symtoms. I do not see or feel any weakness beside the normal have a hard day at work.

Thanks...
::d
dan123
Interested
Interested

Postby tlotoxl on July 21st, 2003, 1:03 pm

we have all had similar symptoms. don't be scared to search the boards here -- i'm sure you'll find a lot of people reporting very similar experiences to your own.
tlotoxl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby reneeintx on July 21st, 2003, 3:13 pm

dan~

My twitches started in my left eye, then my right eye joined in. About 3 three weeks later the twitching took over my whole body.

I have twitches I can feel and see and some I can just feel.

I've had a clean emg from the neuro but am still scared of having ALS. My fear takes over sometimes where I just dwell on it all day...feeling sorry for myself and thinking about death. I hate this feeling. I wish I didn't have this viscious circle going on inside my mind.

Welcome to the forum,

Renee :)
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby dan123 on July 21st, 2003, 3:41 pm

reneeintx: I would be lying to you if I told you I do not think about death. I really do. I was suffering from strong anxioty which has lead me to this fear of a bad diaseas. But in all but all your Fears in our lord and savior Jesus. He is the one with all the answers. I have been reading this site for a week now and notice you are worrying to much(LOL me telling some one to stop worring) One day we will all die.

I really hope that I do not have this ALS thing but if I do I (we all) should just trust in GOD. He will take care of it...GOD bless you. You will be in my prayers.

::d
dan123
Interested
Interested

Postby reneeintx on July 21st, 2003, 5:20 pm

What a nice reply dan :)

I love being here with my family and friends and the separation at death is what makes me sad. I know most people probably think this way..we just want to be with the people we love. I can't say I'm a religious person meaning I don't attend church every week. I do believe in God as a higher power and pray often. I pray to him to give me the strength to come to grips with this twitching and not let it destroy my life.

Thanks again for the meaningful reply...it made my day :)

Renee
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

nice post

Postby Renae on July 23rd, 2003, 8:52 am

That was a really nice post, Dan! It's amazing how we can let fear and worry take over our lives! I have to admit that I'm just as guilty as many here on this site. I worry myself so much it makes me sick. And now I don't even know how to separate the symptoms I'm feeling. Are they medical problems or just my anxiety playing out in the form of a medical problem. Who knows? It does seem like a viscious cycle...like you said, Renee. I just really need to break this cycle because its taking over my life to the point where I'm not enjoying things or people who are close to me. But, I am getting help. I'm not ashamed to say that I've been seeing a therapist and I have a Psychiatrist who has prescribed anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds. I feel like I've been to so many doctors, had so many tests, and really received very few answers. Nobody has every told me that I have BFS. I've asked both the Neurologist and my PCP about it and neither one of them seemed to know too much about it, which didn't give me a lot of faith in them. The consensus seems to be that I have a mild form of a Fibromyalgia like syndrome...whatever that means. But, I've had a lot of really bizarre symptoms and often wonder if it could be FMS and maybe even Myofascial Pain Syndrome, but...there again....my doctors know nothing about these things. I guess I need to see different doctors. Anyway...sorry to ramble. I'm just venting!

Good luck to you all and let's try not to worry so much!! :)
Renae

nice post

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics