Precise Definition of BFS?

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Precise Definition of BFS?

Postby Kamal04 on July 18th, 2003, 10:19 pm

One thing that i am not quite clear on is if people like me who twitch for a day specifcally concentrated in either of my upper thighs, and go for weeks & sometimes months without twitching, only slight twitches in other places, is this BFS? I guess what i am getting at is does BFS mean that you twitch everyday or are there other causes like lack of electrolytes and lack of hydration? ALl thoughts welcome.
Kamal04

Postby Jenn311 on July 19th, 2003, 9:36 am

Hi Kamal.

I think BFS comes and goes (as per my own experience as well as that of other posters....) And I think there are other causes, be it chemical and thus not true fasiculations that show up on an EMG, or based in the nervous system, with true fasiculations that DO show up on the EMG..... I think as long as you have twitching and/ or fasiculations that do not lead to weakness, you can count that as BFS. This has been debated on this site before....
Have you been to the doctor to talk about this? You should go....I am sure it will only serve to reassure you.
Peace,
jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby Kamal04 on July 19th, 2003, 10:48 am

Well see th ats the thing I havent gone becuase i have never taken anything to it. It doesnt occur often enough to worry me i guess. But mainly the twitches that last for a couple of days are isolated in my thighs. I have talked to my coaches and they merely said drink more water and take some vitamins. BFS is very common amongst people, if you ask around you see that people do twitch, just not often enough to be bothered i guess. Do they have BFS? or is that some other cause? Because if this were the case, a lot of people in the U.S. would have BFS. But i think i will go to the doctor just to get his opinion on things. Thanks for replying.
Kamal04

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics