You don't have ALS, so why do they worry???

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

You don't have ALS, so why do they worry???

Postby onebluehaze on July 17th, 2003, 10:33 pm

Okay, I'm 23 years old. I'm a male who currently lives in Alaska. I have been "fasciculating" for almost 2 years now. I have given up caffene (everything from chocolate to tea), i have very little stress, and still i "twitch" all day and night. Sometimes my toes will contract a full 90deg. to the left and when i wake up i cannot feel my ring or pinky fingers. My body sometimes feels like it's all (^c#ed up... but i would rather have a benign tumor than one that could kill me, and the same goes for fasciculations. Please realize how foolish it is to worry about having something as bad as ALS when its really more like a lazy eye, or alergies.

If people spent more time figuring out the cause of these, rather than the prognosis, maybe there would be less to talk about.

Smile :D , your alive, besides, more people have died in car accidents then from fascicualtions!

All of this comming from one young man with some SERIOUS PNS issues. :wink:
"don't worry, be happy... <sings>"
onebluehaze

Postby Jenn311 on July 17th, 2003, 11:56 pm

Great post Blue...

You have a great attitude. But if it hasn't helped by giving up caffeine, why do you still not consume it. It's my primary food group! I don't think I could manage. I couldn't even give it up completely when I was pregnant...(I know....bad mom! But the kids seem fairly normal so no harm done, eh?)

I have always wanted to visit Alaska...it looks so beautiful. Where in Alaska do you live?

Peace Bro!
Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby onebluehaze on July 18th, 2003, 8:52 am

I gave up caffene because it helped reduce the faciculations about 4 fold. When i would go out at night and have a coffee with my friends, the next morning i would be woken up by very violent fasciculations. That morning i went to my nuero for the first time and said... its gotta have somethin' to do with coffee!!! :lol:

Ever since i have refrained from consuming it. Even so, it is not a cure, but it help me out A LOT. Besides that, my mental moody swingy self went away and i became more grounded by not having any caffene. People forget sometimes (most times) that caffene is a drug with side effects too. :wink:

ps. i live in Juneau Ak (and so do all the cruise ships during the summer!) Very peaceful place to live if you dont want a night life.
"don't worry, be happy... <sings>"
onebluehaze

Postby Jenn311 on July 19th, 2003, 9:29 am

Hey Cool Blue!

Juneau is where I want to visit! It looks so quiant. Having a night life is not at all important to me, as I have three kids! I look forward to going to bed early these days.

Glad cutting out caffeine has helped you....I still don't think I could do it. I commend you. Maybe I am just an addict. Is there such a thing as coffeeholics anonymous? I'll look into it.

Take Care!
Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management