Lost my job guess I can go see a shrink

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Lost my job guess I can go see a shrink

Postby KERRI on July 14th, 2003, 1:20 pm

I lost the job with Homeland Security i have been trying to get in for a year and i failed my medical review, they did not like the fact that I had twtiches brought on by stress, I am soooooo very unhappy I never thought that this would happen. I guess it was all meant to be. The twitches and the loss of the job, I avoided seeing a shrink because I thought it would affect my chances of getting the job, I am going to go find a good shrink now.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby spb on July 14th, 2003, 5:31 pm

Did you lose a job or not get a job due to a medical issue?

I think that therapy will be helpful in many ways. As wonderful as electronic communication is, there are times when you actually need to talk to someone that isn't a friend, family member, etc. I was in therapy for years and it's time to go back.

Good luck to you.

C
spb

Postby KERRI on July 14th, 2003, 7:58 pm

spb wrote:Did you lose a job or not get a job due to a medical issue?

I think that therapy will be helpful in many ways. As wonderful as electronic communication is, there are times when you actually need to talk to someone that isn't a friend, family member, etc. I was in therapy for years and it's time to go back.

Good luck to you.

C

Did not get the job because of my lovely fasciculations
kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby reneeintx on July 14th, 2003, 8:18 pm

Kerri~

That sucks!! I'm so sorry you didn't get the job due to the twitches. :(

I too will be seeing a psychologist(sp?) I thought about dying all weekend :(

Renee
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby KERRI on July 14th, 2003, 8:32 pm

reneeintx wrote:Kerri~

That sucks!! I'm so sorry you didn't get the job due to the twitches. :(

I too will be seeing a psychologist(sp?) I thought about dying all weekend :(

Renee

I had the same thoughts, I cannot stand living with the thought of dying.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Just a thought

Postby Just_curious on July 14th, 2003, 10:51 pm

Dying is something that will inevitably happen to all of us. Just remember, thinking about it is not going to bring you happiness but make matters worse for you. Try and stay positive :lol: , find a new hobbie to take your thoughts off the twitching, get involved in something fun. You need to feel good about yourself even though you are still twitching and concerned. watch a good comedy and laugh, try and enjoy your life now and dont dread on what may happen. I myself believe in the power of prayer, maybe that might help. You must enjoy the little things in life we take for granted such as a nice rainfall, a rainbow, blooming flowers, a smile from someone we know and someone we dont, it will make your life much more pleasant. I wish you the best and maybe there is something better out there waiting for you.

Just curious... :)
Just_curious
Interested
Interested

Postby reneeintx on July 15th, 2003, 11:45 am

Just curious~

I try and try to think of the good things, but the bad seem to always be lurking behind. Today as I sit I have big tear drops in my eyes thinking about dying and being apart from my husband and kids :cry: They ARE what makes me happy. I hate the thought of thinking about some long debilitating death that stalks me everyday. Today I feel like I see atrophy below my left knee.
I'm dying...

Renee
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

we need to stop

Postby KERRI on July 15th, 2003, 11:50 am

reneeintx wrote:Just curious~

I try and try to think of the good things, but the bad seem to always be lurking behind. Today as I sit I have big tear drops in my eyes thinking about dying and being apart from my husband and kids :cry: They ARE what makes me happy. I hate the thought of thinking about some long debilitating death that stalks me everyday. Today I feel like I see atrophy below my left knee.
I'm dying...

Renee

Renee, remember we said we would be support for one another, we need to stop this sick obsession that we have with death, we are fine, and even if we are not, we are alive at this moment, and we need to treat every moment like it is our last, live for the moment.

I promise I will try if you will

:)

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby reneeintx on July 15th, 2003, 12:05 pm

Kerri~

I'm trying to not let this take over, but I feel like I'm losing. My husband is at work and if he saw me now he'd be mad at me :(

He took me to New Orleans this past weekend to help forget about this stuff. Oh I put on a good show. He thought I was having a good time, but I actually kept thinking of my death. Very, very SAD.

My next neuro appt isn't til October! I don't think I can make it that long. My gosh I'm cracking up, I need to be institutionalized.

Kerri thanks for trying to support me here. It means alot.

Renee
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics