bugs crawling on skin

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

bugs crawling on skin

Postby KERRI on July 11th, 2003, 6:53 am

I tend to get this strange sensation of bugs crawling on my skin, is this considered sensory and could it be from the Xanax, I read that formication is a side effect of Xanax, I also get the buzzing sensation on and off in my ankle and knee, it only seems to occur in the joints.

I have had twitching for 13 months with no weakness, and my twitching has subsided, I only twitch a max of 10 a day.

So I still get freeked out about MND. I need a little reassurance.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby Pole on July 11th, 2003, 8:50 am

Kerri
I twich 1000 times a day (I think, but didn't count) :)

If I were you I would delete this website from your internet explorer and live my normal life again.

regards
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby KERRI on July 11th, 2003, 8:56 am

Pole wrote:Kerri
I twich 1000 times a day (I think, but didn't count) :)

If I were you I would delete this website from your internet explorer and live my normal life again.

regards
Marcin

Do you think I am making to much of this, do normal people even twitch once a day, I never used to.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby Pole on July 11th, 2003, 9:02 am

Normal people twich from time to time. I also used to. I have never thought that so normal thing like twiches would become the bigest nightmare of my life (so far).

Don't worry. After all I've read on this board and braintalk forum I am 100% sure that you are healthy.

keep smiling
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby KERRI on July 11th, 2003, 9:16 am

Pole wrote:Normal people twich from time to time. I also used to. I have never thought that so normal thing like twiches would become the bigest nightmare of my life (so far).

Don't worry. After all I've read on this board and braintalk forum I am 100% sure that you are healthy.

keep smiling
Marcin

Thanks, I hope you are right.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby Arron on July 11th, 2003, 1:14 pm

I'm with Pole on this one Kerri. I have twitched literally thousands and thousands of times a day, in many places at the same time, along with jerks, shakes, tremors, body jolts and everything else you can imagine, all the way down to maybe noticing one or two groups of twitches a day, and then back to hundreds or even thousands a day.

THAT is BFS. What you are describing is about as mild of a case of BFS that I have ever heard. Relax, you have numerous clean EMG's, all spaced apart at different intervals and you have time under your belt to boot at 13 months without any apparent signs of anything bad going-on.

Just like one nice member in here posted the other day about a report by ateam of neuro's, that there is a percentage of people that just have strange neurological things going-on that are BENIGN, but are unexplained. So don't make a big deal out of it. BFS is probably this exact same thing this study was showing, but with the internet these days, e al have the ability to gather in one place, which makes it seem like it's an epidemic or something, when it really isn't.

I mean, when you first started twitching )BEFORE you heard that twitches can be associated with ALS), were you scared? I'll bet not. You were probably curious about them, but if you hadn't ever looked-up "twitch" in a book or a search engine, you probably wouldn't even be here. You'd be out spending time with your man and enjoying life.

Just because people have a few twitches meqans absolutely NOTHING. EVERYBODY get's unexplained pins and needles sometime in their life. EVERYBODY get's unexplained head aches, muscle cramps, spasms and all kinds of other weire, but "normal" things from time to time. It doesn't mean you have any bad disease though. You have about as much proof of that as you can get, plus TIME that has proven the same... so relax :-) and enjoy life. Get outta here and go do something with your guy :-)
Arron

Bugs on skin

Postby g1 on July 12th, 2003, 8:41 pm

I have this all the time. I tried to always describe the sensation before as pins and needles but it moves around in waves. I like the bugs crawling across the skin description because often I think that is what it is. Then I look down at my muscle and it twitches. I got so worked up thinking I had ms, als you name it that 2 days ago I couldn't type on the keyboard without the meaty muscle between my thumb and pointer finger firing. It twitched so hard that my thumb and finger would move. After finding this site and realizing I am perfectly normal the hot spots completly went away. I have some residual twitching all over the hand, plam but so light I can only feel it inside and it is not visible on the outside. My twitching decreased by about 95% within 1 hour of finding this site and now I am back to normal.
g1
Interested
Interested

Re: Bugs on skin

Postby KERRI on July 12th, 2003, 9:03 pm

g1 wrote:I have this all the time. I tried to always describe the sensation before as pins and needles but it moves around in waves. I like the bugs crawling across the skin description because often I think that is what it is. Then I look down at my muscle and it twitches. I got so worked up thinking I had ms, als you name it that 2 days ago I couldn't type on the keyboard without the meaty muscle between my thumb and pointer finger firing. It twitched so hard that my thumb and finger would move. After finding this site and realizing I am perfectly normal the hot spots completly went away. I have some residual twitching all over the hand, plam but so light I can only feel it inside and it is not visible on the outside. My twitching decreased by about 95% within 1 hour of finding this site and now I am back to normal.

I do not twitch with the bugs sensation, it is like a buzzing it is so strange, almost a numbing sensation, and I am wondering if the Xanax may be causing it, because I harldy ever twitch anymore, only once a day or twice, once yesterday and today that is like nothing.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby uber on July 15th, 2003, 3:18 am

Kerri you really need to get a girp girl, how many times have I replied to your threads, saying what you are suffering from is Anxiety?? Take pole's advice, delete this forum from your favourites and spend less time in front of the computer self diagnosing yourself with diseases that you read of the internet :\

After all the testing you have had and due to the space of time im willing to bet my life that you dont have MND, something along the line of BFS is a small possibility as is MS, but still with all the clear testing its very unlikely.

Kerri yes normal people twitch, yes they get bug crawling sensations at times, yes they get pins and needles, yes they get aches and pains and tremors and shakes in their muscles and nerves, but those normal people arent reading it as some kind of disease, cause just like with you Kerri, their twitches, shakes, pins & needles, subside after a few hours and maybe will come back but they wont pay any attention to them because they dont read them as any kind of illness. Say for example a normal person gets a headache, they either ignore it or take some pain killers and it goes away....problem solved. YOU get a headache and its a brain tumour, you worry and worry about it and it makes the headache worse cause you are thinking about it too much, this is exactly the same thing with your twitches...Ignorance is bliss Kerri...dont read into them too much.

For the last time, accept that what you have is Anxiety...seek pshychiatric help...not neurological help.
uber
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jenn311 on July 15th, 2003, 8:21 am

Great post Uber...I agree wholeheartedly.
8) Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

bugs crawling

Postby g1 on July 15th, 2003, 3:17 pm

I should have been more specifc. I have felt bugs crawling on and off for many months. Then the twitching. The doctors and a psychologist said I am perfectly healthy, just stressed out. I finally realized after seeing this board and a psych that I am perfectly fine. No I only have the twitching, moving fingers when I get a momentary stress/adrenaline release. Each day it gets less and less as the stress level lowers.
g1
Interested
Interested

Postby SoJerseyMom on July 29th, 2003, 11:13 am

Kerri,

I've had the bug crawling sensation occasionally for a couple years. It's mostly on the back of my hands and arms. If I look at my hand while its feeling that way, I think I see a tiny muscle movement. But I try not to focus on it. Just ignore it and it seems to go away faster.
SoJerseyMom

Postby spb on July 29th, 2003, 12:24 pm

I have had the bug thing over the years. It's not really formication - more just a sensory thing. It's very weird.
spb

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management