Eye floaters

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Eye floaters

Postby garman on September 8th, 2002, 12:08 pm

Does anyone experience eye floaters ( floating hair-like structures) in there vision after fasculations began?
garman

Postby Jake_the_twitch on September 9th, 2002, 11:46 am

I have had eye floater all my life, in fact most people have them but never notice. My brother is a ocular plastics surgeon and said eye floaters are benign (that word again). I don't think their is any connection except that with BFS we are oversensistive to body sensations and experiences.
Jake_the_twitch

Re: Eye floaters

Postby Twitchy Georgy on September 23rd, 2002, 7:56 am

I've noticed that too! I'm going to the opthamologist today to get it checked out...Will let you know what he says..
Twitchy Georgy
Interested
Interested

Postby Nigel555 on September 23rd, 2002, 9:31 am

I have had eye floats on and off now for about 20 years and had been to the doctors when they first started and he said there nothing to worry about and after 20 years I beleave him, so please don't worry cos I'm sure there nothing just like mine

best wishes Nigel
Nigel555

Postby Twitchy Georgy on September 24th, 2002, 11:36 am

UPDATE: Went to the opthamologist yesterday to have my floaters checked out. Diagonsis: these are completely benign....

He said that in other cases, floaters can be the result of retinal tearing....Oh well, at least it's not ALS...
Twitchy Georgy
Interested
Interested

Postby garman on September 25th, 2002, 8:18 am

Thanks for the replys.. I went to my GP who also said there are benign,
and that they are a fairly common complaint.
Gar.
garman

Postby wooglin on September 25th, 2002, 11:12 am

I get little sparkles every once in a while. I like them actually
wooglin

Postby pennben on September 25th, 2002, 11:28 am

Actually I did notice quite a few more floaters since I've had BFS....if thats what I have that is....I had the clear sqiggley lined type...the ones that you can see thru for years....but just recently I got a flurry of new cloudy type cob web shaped floaters....they are floaters for sure because they move around just like the older ones do...I went to an Opthalmologist two months ago and at the time my exam was normal...he did say as you age you will get an increase in floaters due to the lining pulling away....you have to wathc for flashes of light...thats a singnal that the retina could tear....he wants to see me in two weeks just to make sure the retina is not tearing.....otherwise they are benign and a pain in the $%^......
Been twitching since July 2001
pennben

Postby tlotoxl on October 2nd, 2002, 4:44 am

i get flashes of light. i went to get checked out so many times and the doctor says it's ok, but that i should check up with him immediately if i see a sudden increase in the number of floaters and maybe every 4-6 months otherwise. i'm very myopic so apparently that stresses the eye quite a bit and the jelly in your eye pulls away from the retina, giving the 'flashing' sensation. the worry is that one time the jelly could pull away and bring the retina with it - and then they'd need to use a laser to glue it back on before the tear became a separation, but for now things are fine.

stress.
tlotoxl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Craig on October 17th, 2002, 3:35 pm

I have been getting "floaters" quite a lot since my symptoms began. My eyes also get "blurry" much more often as well...
Craig
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby tlotoxl on October 17th, 2002, 10:29 pm

have you seen an eye doctor? no harm in doing so, and it could give you some peace of mind. my eye doctor didn't completely assuage my fears, but at least i know what i'm dealing with and what the root cause is (severe myopia).
tlotoxl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

absolutely

Postby gmach on April 29th, 2003, 1:22 am

I definitely experienced them - for the first time, I believe. I do not believe that it was because of hypervigilence due to worry about other BFS symptoms. The eye doctor even said that they were so big that she could see some of them (apparently they are not as easy to see from the physician's point of view).
gmach

floating vs. static

Postby JohnV on April 29th, 2003, 9:51 am

Hi All,

I thought I noticed an increase in floaters when I was dx'ed with BFS as well. Asked my doctor, he said not to worry.

He did however mention that if they do not move, that it may be indicative of a problem. If they float you are fine.
JohnV
Webmaster
http://www.AboutBFS.com
JohnV
Site Admin
Site Admin

floating vs. static

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management