Cramp that tingles in arch of foot

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Cramp that tingles in arch of foot

Postby Mike in Des Moines on June 23rd, 2003, 10:19 am

I have had sharp cramps in the arch of my right foot a few times that tingled. The sensation is more tingling (like when you hit your funny bone) and less traditional cramp pain. But it's not just the usual generalized "pins and needles' sensation.

I'd never had a tingling cramp anywhere before. The first one happened just a day or two before I started twitching. I happened to stretch the foot and it hit. It has only hit when stretching. Since twitching (its been a month now), I've had this cramp a few times. I don't even know if its related to the BFS or not. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
Mike
Mike in Des Moines
Interested
Interested

Postby uber on June 24th, 2003, 10:07 pm

I get a strange feeling in the arch of my left foot at times, best way I could describe it is if im walking on a golf ball...my balance isnt affected by it or anything, just the feeling like something round is pushing into the arch of my foot...also when I stretch my left leg out in front of me while im sitting i get pins and needles in my left foot.
uber
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Mike in Des Moines on June 25th, 2003, 10:43 am

Uber,

Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what it feels like to me, although I wasn't sure how to describe it. Since I'm a new twitcher and don't have my first EMG 'til mid July, this started to freak me out a bit--I hadn't read any posts on this symptoms, so you can imagine how my mind wandered.

It does sometimes feel like I'm walking on top of something when this happens--kind of like maybe my sock has bunched up under my foot (but it hasn't). My strength and balance are still fine.

Man, this stuff is playing more mind games with me than I thought it would. Thans again for the response.

Mike
Mike in Des Moines
Interested
Interested

Postby reneeintx on June 26th, 2003, 1:55 pm

Mike~

I hope the doctors on medhelp answer quickly. I'm awaiting their response and I KNOW you are!! It does have an awful lot of twitching questions.

I know your emg, being next month, seems like forever. I want to wish you GOOD LUCK in advance.

I know you'd rather have neither but I'm curious..this may seem stupid..but which disease do you consider the lesser of two evil's BFS or CMT? Meaning.... having a syndrome (BFS) that has very little written about it and basically no "real" treatment, or CMT that's concrete, and doctors know how to treat it, being it's know throughout the medical community.

Renee :)
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Mike in Des Moines on June 26th, 2003, 7:45 pm

Renee--

I'd much rather have BFS, which is what the doctor suspects, but again, I've only been twitching a month. I think he wants to wait for the EMG before doing the genetic test to see if I carry the CMT gene. (No one else in my family has been diagnosed with it, but apparently some cases are so mild, people don't realize they have it. High arches is one of the symptoms, which I have, in addition to some BFS-like symptoms.) I could handle having CMT. What scares me, of course, is when I allow myself to wonder "What if this is just early you-know-what?" Thanks for your thoughts.
Mike in Des Moines
Interested
Interested

Postby reneeintx on June 26th, 2003, 7:53 pm

I have very high arches too. My feet hurt all the time. My dad has morton's neuroma in his feet and he's always hurting.

I went to one of those "feet" places called "the good feet store" They did an analysis, where you step on a sort of ink pad to see how your foot is hitting the floor. Well you could see my toes and heel on the imprint and no arch!! No wonder my feet have been hurting all these years. It's been worse since we've pulled out all the carpet and installed hardwood.

They wanted $200 for orthotics(the inserts to go in my shoes) I decided if I really needed them, I'd go to a podiatrist and have it done professionally, and maybe the insurance would pay.

Renee :)
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management