leg pain

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

leg pain

Postby KERRI on June 23rd, 2003, 9:03 am

After sitting for a long time my legs feel tight when I get up, is this spasticity.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby Dale on June 23rd, 2003, 9:50 am

Kerri - you wrote this less than 1 week ago...

"EVERYONE THIS IS GOING TO BE THE MOST IMPORTANT ADVICE YOU WILL EVER RECIEVE, AND I AM SURE YOU HEARD IT ALREADY.

1. If you have not yet typed twitch into your computer for a search, do not start now.

2. Stay away from the ALS sites those people have ALS and they cannot help you.

3. Ignorance is bliss, the less read the better you will get.

4. If you do not twitch everyday, do not worry and if you do, do not worry if you have seen a doc or have twitched for more than a year.

5. when you feel crazy send me a message because I have been just as crazy if not worse.

6. DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY.

Kerri "

I really think you need to see a mental health-care therapist to help you overcome this pre-occupation with ALS/death. I really hope you can get over this & get on with your life.

Sincerely,

Dale
Dale
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Why say these things

Postby KERRI on June 23rd, 2003, 10:19 am

Carol's post freeked me out, I was fine until I noticed it Saturday night.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby Dale on June 23rd, 2003, 10:25 am

Then the problem is anxiety & not ALS or some other terrible disease. You really need to see a mental health-care professional to help you sort through your ALS/death obsession.

If you are going to focus your energy on anything, pray for Carol. Stop obsessing.

Sincerely,

Dale
Dale
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby DanielDK on June 23rd, 2003, 4:46 pm

Hi Kerri & David!

Kerri - I really, really believe it would be a good idea for you to go see a therapist. that be a psychologist, a psychiatrist or a talk-therapist. It' ll do kiracles for you. I saw a psychiatrist last week, and it really helps removing that greyish cloud that hovers around many of the people in here' s heads.

I was reall y happy when I saw the post you wrote a few days ago, the one David is reffering to. I thought you' d finally gotten over the worst phase, and that you were beggining to work with yourself in numerous ways. But naturally you are still worried - as are everybody that has got serious worries about their health. Therefore - go see a therapist - for your own sake of course.

And maybe you should ask your doctors some of the wuestions in here. A question like "Is this spasticity" is EXACTLY what a doctor is educated to give you the answer to. We, the people in here, are just normal people. We arent doctors, even though half of us probably consider ourselves to be doctors or mediacl experts due to all our personal research.

I have a question for you Kerri - I'd like you to TRY to do something that many of us in here have tried. How about you plug out your modem, say for like 2 weeks. Stay completely away from the internet,this forum or other health-sites. You will start feeling a lot better, and I' d like you to come back after a few weeks and tell us how it felt, and how you feel now. Try it - it' ll only help you - was one of the best therapies for me!

Regards to you both (Kerri & David),

from Daniel
DanielDK

Postby DanielDK on June 23rd, 2003, 4:50 pm

Wow - sorry fellas.

kiracles = miracles

wuestions = questions

mediacl = medical

//Daniel
DanielDK

Postby Jenn311 on June 23rd, 2003, 6:52 pm

Hey you forgot this one Daniel: