twitches

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

twitches

Postby KERRI on June 20th, 2003, 1:08 pm

How many twitches do you guys get in a day, I have gotton none or maybe one, but that is after being put on Xanax, before Xanax I had several.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby alive on June 20th, 2003, 1:40 pm

None or maybe one??? Earlier you had several - like 5??? WOW. Why are you waisting your time on this site :D . I have like 100's of twiches a day - I could never count them, they are there ALL THE TIME!!! If I have a hot spot - the latest was on my palm for 10 DAYS - it twitches maybe 20 times A MINUTE =that's something like 3000 times a day + twitches elsewhere in my body!

But actually the high frequency of twitches is rather comforting - I've been twitching for 3 months now and HAVEN'T lost any strength in my muscles: SO I COULDN'T POSSIBLY have ALS. With this amount of twitching and if twitching meant dying muscle tissue I'd be six feet under a long time ago. BUT I'M NOT - I'M AS STRONG AS EVER!!! So anyone else out there whose twitching: you are not going to die - you are going to TWITCH!

OK -it's not normal, I agree. It is definitely a malfunction in your body. You have to put up with it, there's no other way. BUT - it's nothing more than a malfunction!The best thing to do is to accept it. It is - after all, if you really stop to think about it - only a BENIGN malfuction. Things could be so much worse. You are one of the lucky ones!

I hope that during my lifetime (I'm 35 now, aiming at 100 :D ) they will find an answer to why we're twitching. Not because it ought to be cured but just for the heck of it - I'd just love to know where the real reason behing all of this is - out of simple curiosity.
alive

Twitching Common

Postby KERRI on June 20th, 2003, 2:23 pm

I have been researching benign twitching, it is apparently very common just as my neuro said, he said most of the time people do not even know what a twitch is, and they ignore it, so go knows how many more people twitch like crazy that are not even reported. I am accepting the it is normal to twitch and if it were something bad which it is not, I would not twitch some days and not others.

And you are going to think I am crazy but I have asked several people in the hospital and at the gym if they twitch, my trainer twitches atleast twice a day, and so do many of the people I work out with, my sister twitches once or twice a month, and infact most people i work with twitch several times in a month.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby alive on June 20th, 2003, 3:24 pm

That's just the point! Several times a month is perfectly normal - BFS is about 10's or more often 100's of times a day! In addition BFS sufferers usually have other strange feelings as well- trembling, shakyness, pins and needles, throat troubles etc.

So an occasional twitch in the eye or the calf or somewhere else is perfectly normal. Fireworks of twitches all over your body is not normal - BUT is benign (and very unpleasant :wink: ).
alive

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management