An update on my BFS status

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

An update on my BFS status

Postby Nole on June 17th, 2003, 8:41 pm

Hello to my old friends and as I can see many new ones to this site. I use to be a very frequent member to this site or shall I say "my life saver".. It is my 1 year anniversary of twitching this week and I am happy to say my life is great. I am starting my masters degree in 2 weeks in special ed., the job is going good, and family life is great. The twitches are barely there, so mild I cant honestly tell you when I have them, some days more than others but I have days with nothing. I no longer research and have excepted the fact that I am fine, no weakness, no als or nmd. I use to get twitches real bad inmy face in the beginning but havent had them since the fall. I dont think mine are caused from anxiety or stress although they can increase them at time. I strongly believe mine were caused from a virus I had last June, took a toll on me emotionally and physically but over the past year I feel as though the virus is working its way out of my system. Now these are just my thoughts and my doctor tends to agree. But the best thing to do is go out and live your life, be happy, support others, and stop worrying. That is the best advice I can give you all, the more you worry the sicker you will get, think positive, be well, and remember this site can help you through the tough times but it is ultimatly up to you to change the course of your life. Bless you all!
:wink:
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jenn311 on June 17th, 2003, 10:10 pm

Great post Nole! COngratulations...I hope they never come back! Keep in touch :D
~jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby Arron on June 18th, 2003, 11:08 am

Nole, congratulations! And thanks for coming back and helping other's realize that life goes on with these little twitches and strange feelings and that it can get better! Take care my friend,
Arron
Arron

Postby kim on June 20th, 2003, 4:45 pm

Hi Nole!

Good to hear from you. Glad to see you're doing well too!

I just posted on the "General" forum to Barb. I am in much the same place as you.

I used to waver between the 'virus" theory and the "anxiety" theory. I opted to choose the "anxiety" theory as my twitch inducing foe. However it could still be possible it was a virus. (I did feel very sick when this all started, and even told my husband it felt like some weird virus was running through my body)

In either case, it doesn't matter how I got there. What matters is that we're better! And that hopefully everyone else here will get better!

Simply accepting my BFS as benign was a great relief, but as time went by, and anxiety went away so did the twitching!

Good to hear from you!

Kim
kim
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Davidd on June 30th, 2003, 8:51 pm

Hi Nole-

Congrats and thanks for the nice post! Next month (August) will be the one year anniversary of me having these twitches. Like you, I have days when I hardly notice them and other days when I do notice them. The main thing is that 1 year later it seems to be much easier to deal with them most of the time. I dont worry nearly as much and I am sleeping and feeling a lot better. I am hoping by the time I hit my one year mark I am feeling as good as you!

Best of health,

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management