Is it possible?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Is it possible?

Postby Pole on June 13th, 2003, 9:07 am

There is one more thing about my twiching I haven't said yet.
As I told I started twiching in April 2003. But a year ago I had eyelid twiching. It lasted about 1 month and gone away (It was every day and only left eyelid).

Do you think that it may be any connection or the one-year break is too long?

Regards
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby Rich Longer on June 13th, 2003, 10:11 am

Eyelid twitching is so common its considered normal. I am sure if you ask your freinds and family they will all havehad it at one time or other

Rich
Rich
Rich Longer

Postby uber on June 13th, 2003, 6:17 pm

yeh at time my right eyelid twitches...comes and goes when it pleases
uber
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Arron on June 16th, 2003, 11:45 am

Pole, think fo it like this, if your eye lid had ALS in it and it twitched a year ago, one thing is that ALS can not, and will not come and go, and secondly, after a year, your whole face would be paralyzed by now, among many other things. BFS comes and goes...
Arron

Postby Pole on June 17th, 2003, 2:10 am

Arron, thanks for answer. I'm sure that my eyelid twiching one year ago was not a first sign of ALS. I wonder if it was a first sign of BFS. What do you think?
I wonder if one-year break is not too long?

Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby Jenn311 on June 17th, 2003, 5:49 am

Hey Pole,

It could have been...you'll find that you have periods where you don't twitch, and it will come back. Joy!
Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby Arron on June 17th, 2003, 11:09 am

EVERYONE gets eye lid twitches sometime in their life, whether they have BFS or not. I remember as a little kid, some friends and myself were laughing at eye twitches because we all had them at one point. I think that was like 3rd or 4th grade. So did 3 or 4 little boys, who moved-in from different areas all have BFS at age 8? No way. It's just one of those little funny things that happen is all...

WEhether you have BFS or not... you'll probably get eye twitches regardless. Either way, ALS doesn't present like that, what so ever. If your eye lid drooped and you couldn't blink your eye any more and you noticed fine little twitches, then that would be a bad sign, but an eye lid twitching by itself is about as normal as you can get, especially in times of stress or lack of sleep.
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management