taking xanax and getting high...

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

taking xanax and getting high...

Postby reneeintx on June 15th, 2003, 10:59 am

Does anyone take this drug and feel high?? I was curious how it effects other people.

Floater(I think) said ambien does something similar.

I wouldn't mind saying that I personally like this feeling, it's very calming.

I don't want anybody to think I'm drug addict, believe me I'm a chicken to start any kind of med's.

Renee :)
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Floater on June 15th, 2003, 6:16 pm

yes..i have xanax....its o.k. i guess you have to take it in a higher dose to get a good buzz...i have a low dose .025 so i would have to take 4 pills to get a buzz... you should ask your doctor for Halcion(triazolam) its a very nice drug to take for twitching and sleep..relaxing :D ...ambien is good but it wears off to soon. klonopin (clonazepam) is a good muscle relaxer and is probably the best drug for bfs.. but i like halcion....its way more drifty happy :wink: and yes these drugs will make you feel high..they are benzodiapines,,that calm and sooth your nervous system
Floater
Saint
Saint

Postby Arron on June 16th, 2003, 11:33 am

taking too much aspirin can get you high and give you ear ringing, drinking alcohol can get you high, sniffing paint can get you high, drinking gasoline can get you high, as will sniffing and/or drinking just about ANY chemical based substance.

You are worried about having a muscle disease or a neurological disease, but you want to know if Xanax can get you high? Think about what "high" really IS, and then worry about possibly having a NMD. Being hogh is a result of oxygen not getting to the brain OR a chemical imbalance in your body, BOTH of which do your body no good at all and usually have some type of long term damage somewhere...

Don't get me wrong, I'm no goodie two shoe. I've drank with the best myself, but you don't start looking at meds that help you as a way of getting high, or something somewhere in your body will end-up getting damaged sooner or later.
Arron

Postby reneeintx on June 16th, 2003, 6:03 pm

Arron~

I only take it once a week..if that. Really I could do without it, so I guess I'm saying I kind of use it for recreational purposes.

I know.. very bad thing to do.

I never really understood why I was feeling high. Deprived of oxygen. That can't be good.

I guess pot does the same thing??

reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Arron on June 16th, 2003, 11:28 pm

Yeah, it does. Don't get me wrong. I ain't a goody two shoe for sure, but it just seemd funny to me that someone worried about a benign condition and a few twitches and abeing all anxious over having potential health problems is getting high from a medication without even thinking of what it's really doing to your body.

Pretty much anything that gets you high, is doing some kind of detrimental damage somewhere. It may not be immediate, but it will show-up sooner or later. And on that same note, don't even listen to the young generation that smokes dope and says it isn't as bad as cigarettes. BS! ANY smoke in your lungs is bad for you, period! Go breath the smoke from your fireplace if "natural" smoke isn't bads for you... can you say "smoke inhalation induced death"? Besides, tobacco IS a natural substance, just like dope, and neither of them are good for you, and neither is taking meds to get high, whether it's once a week or once a year. All it takes is one overdose to cause serious brain trauma or death. I've seen it first hand, so trust me on that one.
Arron

Postby reneeintx on June 17th, 2003, 10:58 am

My friend that smokes pot everyday says,"they're not as bad as cigarettes", BS!! I never believed it.

When I did smoke pot, back in high school. It scared the heck out of me, because it made my heart race. I felt my heart was going to beat out of my chest.

On occassion I drink a "fuzzy navel" cooler. But never more than 2. It relaxes me and the twitches seem to decrease.

Never in my life would I ever guessed I'd have such a conditon. I wish they printed more about in medical books. I'd like to know statistics on who gets this, what kind of lifestyle they have..ect.

I know we have the questionare here, but I'd like to see it more on the GRANDE scale.

reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management