B12

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

B12

Postby KERRI on June 11th, 2003, 4:55 pm

There was someone on here who had said vitamin B12 helped their twitches, guess what guys I purchased some, and I am glad to report that my twitches have diminished 10 X's more. I was having a twitch a day when I started taking it, and now I am unlucky enough to get one every other day or every three days, it is worth a try.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby Floater on June 14th, 2003, 8:41 pm

your twitches have gone down 10x ...not because of the vitamin b...but because you tricked your mind into thinking it works...
Floater
Saint
Saint

Postby Arron on June 16th, 2003, 11:36 am

and a twitch a day or a twitch every other day is NOT BFS... maybe a twitch every 2 or three seconds or minutes, or a twitching episode every hour, but not a twitch a day... that is about a normal as you can get!

People with BFS twitches have twitches 24/7 and in several places on their body at any given time... not once a day...

And what floater said is true.. it's called "the power of suggestion" or the "placebo effect", which is scientiffically documented to be a MAJOR factor. So much so, they have to include "the placebo effect" in all medical studies.
Arron

Postby aklap on June 20th, 2003, 6:27 pm

Please do not be so quick to dismiss the B12...Here's a link that is worth reading. It from a peripheral neuropathy board explaining the connection. http://neuro-mancer.mgh.harvard.edu/ubb ... 02954.html
Also on this board other minerals that will help.

The other thing to consider is a gluten free (no wheat) diet. Let me explain...

I stumbled across this site about 2 years ago trying to find out why I had twitches, vibrations & "weakness",weird sensations in various parts of my body. All the same symptoms as the rest of you. I went thru the sames thoughts of ALS, MS,etc as well. I had one other thing that you guys did not - Peripheral Neuropathy. As I was researching PN I came across the above board. Also within that board there were references to gluten sensitivity/celiac & PN. I had also been battle gastric problems (reflux, gas, gurgling/grinding stomach, just an overall feeling like crap). All symptoms of gluten sensitivity. The "offical" dx of my stomach problems...chronic reflux & hiatal hernia. The Doc said I will have this for the rest of my life. Since I had nothing to loose - I decided to try a gluten free diet. Over the past 6-7 months that I have been gluten free I have noticed that most of the neuro problems have vanished - as well as all my stomach problems. No more Nexium, Aciphex, Prevacid. I will take an over the counter Zantac once in a while. My PN still exists, but it is improving. Nerves will heal but they do so slowly and under the right conditions- hence the B12. Gluten can affect the nervous system w/o any gastro problems appearing.

Will this help everyone? Probably not. All I can say what it has done for me. I can hear some of you out there..."Yah it's all in your head..." IF it is - so what - I FEEL BETTER!!! I guess that is the only thing that matters.

If you want to read more about gluten problems check this out: http://neuro-mancer.mgh.harvard.edu/cgi ... LastLogin=

You can also type in gluten in any search engine.

Thanks for your time,
Al
aklap
Interested
Interested

Postby Jenn311 on June 20th, 2003, 8:51 pm

Hey Al...
Thanks for the interesting post. I am glad to hear your sxs have improved...that is awesome! Maybe I'll try that gluten free diet too!
Peace, Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby aklap on June 20th, 2003, 11:02 pm

Hi Jen,

Thanks for the kind response. All I can do is say what has happened to me...if it works for someone else - great!!

I hope you try it. It's not easy at first. I did the research and found I had too many things in common not to try it. Maybe you will find the same. Certainly the medical community was not a lot of help in my case.

I had been meaning to come back and make that post for some time now. Hopefully someone else can be helped from the knowledge I've accumulated along the way. At the very least - maybe they'll explore some avenues that may lead to the help they are looking for.

Take care,
Al
aklap
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management