BFS

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

BFS

Postby KERRI on June 5th, 2003, 6:21 am

How many of you guys have had BFS for over a year and a half?
I was just wondering what the average is here.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby SHADES on June 5th, 2003, 9:49 am

Me me me....Member of the twitchin' club since September 2001. It still drives me bonkers!!!!! Feet are the worst. The insteps look like a continuous wave. with the amount I have twitched in my feet, I should be week as anything or they should be big as a house due to all the continuous muscle movement going on.

Hang in there Kerri...I'm sure you will be fine. I have been reading your posts and it sounded as if you were going through a real tough time but now it sounds as if you are starting to calm a bit. Keep your chin up....I know this stuff is tough, butyou are not alone by any means.
"Life is a Twitch"
SHADES

Postby DanielDK on June 5th, 2003, 12:37 pm

Hi Kerry,

My 49 yrs old father has had BFS for a year-and-a-half now. He's doing just fine. As a matter of fact, maybe better than ever! He has through a lot of self-persuation and tutoring finally managed to forget and not worry about his twitches! Of course he, as me, went through the obligatory A*S-scare, but now he's living his life as always. He's in the French Alps right now with my mother, and this summer they' re both going to South America for 5 weeks of climbing, trekking & experiencing! So I think it's fair to say that despite 18 months of BFS, it has had no life-threatening or disabling effect on my grand old man whatsoever!

Luck to you all,

Daniel
DanielDK

Postby Jenn311 on June 5th, 2003, 2:39 pm

Hey Kerri....
I started twitching in Sept of '98. But it has been off and on, not continuous. I think mine is related very strongly to anxiety. At least I don't notice it as much if I am not anxious maximus.
Shades...I like your logo there: Life is a twitch! I think that would be a good logo for our T-shirts at our first annual BFS Convention. (anyone have any ideas on that?...It's going to have to be grass roots though folks, as I for one am broke. :D ! )
Arriba! jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby KERRI on June 6th, 2003, 9:32 am

Jenn311 wrote:Hey Kerri....
I started twitching in Sept of '98. But it has been off and on, not continuous. I think mine is related very strongly to anxiety. At least I don't notice it as much if I am not anxious maximus.
Shades...I like your logo there: Life is a twitch! I think that would be a good logo for our T-shirts at our first annual BFS Convention. (anyone have any ideas on that?...It's going to have to be grass roots though folks, as I for one am broke. :D ! )
Arriba! jen

Jen,

I think that would be a great logo, and a convention is a swell idea. To everyone above thanks for your response, you guys are long time twitchers, that is good for me to hear.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby Arron on June 11th, 2003, 12:05 am

A lot of us have had it for several years, and still have it pretty much the same as we've always had.

We've had people post on this site that have had it for decades, (25 years wqas the longest I've seen) but were never bothered by it UNTIL they read somewhere that twitches were a sign of ALS. I wish we could burn all of the older, miswritten medical books and delete all of the misguiding information off the internet where it says that rubbish.

It ain't the twitches that are scary, it's the fear you get once you find out you MAY have something seriously wrong going-on. Even though it is VERY misinformation that leads us up to that point.
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics