General Question For Everyone

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

General Question For Everyone

Postby Davidd on May 18th, 2003, 9:56 pm

I was curious to know everyone's opinion on this topic.

Are there any spots that twitch with the frequency that your calves twitch? It just seems to me that a lot of us here will get twitches in all different places but eventually they seem to migrate from place to place. The one constant seems to be the fact that no matter what, the calves continue to twitch and never really stop or migrate away. It's just a thought that I had (I have those every now and then!).

Thanks.

--David
Davidd
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby dave_stereophonic on May 19th, 2003, 5:00 am

Well I get them in my biceps ALL the time, it's so annoying, and worrying. The whole ALS thing makes me more concerned when it's a huge muscle twitching, as opposed to just a little patch. I also get it in my neck regularly - about as much as the arms. However, I do get them elsewhere too

Dave
dave_stereophonic

Postby Rich Longer on May 22nd, 2003, 3:34 pm

My calves don't twitch any more than other places.

And I have been getting twitches that hit the sma espot for hours / days or weeks and then stop just as suddenly

Rich
Rich
Rich Longer

Hot spots

Postby KERRI on May 22nd, 2003, 4:41 pm

the longest a hot spot every lasted for me was one day. As for big twitch little twitch, the first twich I ever got was a biggy, it was in my bicep and moved the hole bicep. The last time I had a one day hot spot was february.

Mine are like a flash, 10 seconds in my neck, then foot, then finger, then foot, then finger then eye, Lately about a month now I am down to few twitches and they are are barely noticeable, infact had I never gotton a big twitch this probably would seem normal.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby Floater on May 22nd, 2003, 9:59 pm

the calves stop twitching so much over time....mine twitched for 3 months ...took klonopin and it killed the calf twitches...now they just twitch every once and a while like the other muscles :D
Floater
Saint
Saint

Postby Arron on June 11th, 2003, 12:25 am

Some of us don't twitch in our calves at all... I think I've had maybe 20 twitches in my calves total, in the past 2 and a half years. The reason people get twitches in their calves is because it is one of the densest, most often flexed muscles in your body... said a well known doctor on the MedHelp.org web site one time, and it makes sense...

BFS can appear anywhere, for any amount of time, from a split second to months on end with non stop twitching. It's all part fo the game of BFS...
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics