Who notices the BFs?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Who notices the BFs?

Postby Annie on September 16th, 2002, 11:14 pm

Here's a question for you fellow BF'ers. Have you wondered if your fasciculations are noticeable to other people? I often perceive hundreds of twitches a day. Yet, my husband says he never would have noticed a thing if I hadn't made a point of pointing to the location and saying "look!" My best friend, who has heard all my complaints, says, "Honestly, I haven't noticed a thing wrong with you. Twitches? Where? I haven't seen any." It's definitely not in my head: I can both feel and see the muscles working under the skin. BUT... sometimes I think we lose sight of how "micro" they really are. Noticeable to ourselves is often not noticeable to others. That's a really blessing of this condition, don't you think? That it can often remain your own "secret" if you want it to? Just something to think about... perhaps others would like to comment... Annie
Annie

Postby Nole on September 17th, 2002, 9:39 am

Annie,

I agree, unless I point them out to someone they would never know, which means I can live a normal life and do what I please. Even when I do show them to others they are like " That's it!! It is barely twitching." We BFS sufferers often make the symptoms worse. I have had them for four months and some days are better than others but when I dont think about them they are non-existant. Something to think about!
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jen on September 28th, 2002, 12:54 am

Last night my husband FINALLY saw and felt my twitching. Having the validation was very important to me, especially since no one else, not even my GP or neuro, had seen or felt them. On the flip side, I am totally grateful that I can zip along each day without others noticing the twitching. Interestingly, before I knew about BFS, the twitching was becoming stronger and stronger each day. I was concerned that others would soon see it and that it eventually would interfere with my daily activities. Once I read about BFS, the twitches calmed down considerably. Knowledge is a great thing :)
Jen

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management